Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Associate
Probably a stupid question but is it possible to have some sort of small usb c micro SD card reader plugged into the phone to play mp3 music from that also doesn't cover the headphone jack.

Preferably up to the capacity of 256gb

Associate
Probably a stupid question but is it possible to have some sort of small usb c micro SD card reader plugged into the phone to play mp3 music from that also doesn't cover the headphone jack.

Upload your music to Google Play Music. That's what I did. Takes some time and organising, but you can upload 50,000 tracks.

Associate
Upload your music to Google Play Music. That's what I did. Takes some time and organising, but you can upload 50,000 tracks.

Already done that.Google play music runs like a dog on the pixel I've owned. Plus i don't want to use an inferior music app.

Are their any USB c micro SD card dongle things that can be read easily as a drive to play music on the pixel

Soldato

Something like this? https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/p/dash_g3c.html

Think you have to root the phone to be able to install some files that will allow the Pixel to see any SD card you use with the adapter. I know I had to do that with my Nexus 5/6 with the microUSB adapter version Meenova sold.

Associate
Does everyone have this?

Variable for me... Feels like caching shenanigans going on possibly. 5X and 6P were much the same for me.

I've thrown about 30,000 tracks at the upload, and use a canny chunk of the streaming subscription as well... If I download to the device, it's usually ok, but i sometimes get some stuttering.

I've not tried the same on a P9 or the Honor 8 though.

Soldato
I've never used the widget but the only time it has issues is with android auto and i click on recent activity. Always takes a good 5-10 seconds to display. Aside from that play music works perfectly.

Associate
Has anyone else experienced a slower camera and general slowed responsiveness across the board on their pixel?

The camera is far slower to launch and shutter speed has gone from basically instant to half a second or so and ruined a few photos lately.

On top of that the phone has been laggy in launching the dealer and apps from time to time. Typical degradation that i would expect on touchwiz, less so stock.

Soldato
Has anyone else experienced a slower camera and general slowed responsiveness across the board on their pixel?

The camera is far slower to launch and shutter speed has gone from basically instant to half a second or so and ruined a few photos lately.

On top of that the phone has been laggy in launching the dealer and apps from time to time. Typical degradation that i would expect on touchwiz, less so stock.

Can't say I have noticed this on mine of late. The one thing I noticed previously is that when you clear the cache to free up some space the phone can be slow again for up to a day, I assume while it rebuilds your cache so I've stopped wiping it now, just let it build.

Soldato

I haven't noticed this and I've had mine since the first month of launch.

Permabanned
Not really Pixel related but for those interested in the Google Eco System, Home and WiFi are now shown on the UK store.

Home for £129 and WiFi for £129

Join the waiting list only

Spoke to Google support today with question on Google WiFi and they said that the waiting list should open up as a firm ability to buy as from launch date of 6 April Same with Home. I expect to buy both, esp as WiFi should help boost signal in two rooms of house that are currently not great for WiFi.

Associate
Can anyone please check their regular Pixel charging amps using the official charger?

Mine feels slower compared when it was new
Ampere app says it is charging at 1400mA
Estimates at 39% is is 1h 52mins
Although does says Charging Rapidly :confused:

Back
Top Bottom