Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Soldato
Yeah, it sounds like the flash didn't go well. I'm kind of out of ideas if you can't issue any commands in Fastboot though (I assume Fastboot devices yields no results). Happy to chat via email if you wanted though. Send me a trust if you need.

Associate
Happy to chat offline if you've got some time :)

Or if you have any other suggestions - I'm all ears. I've submitted an insurance claim anyway, so can always cancel it if I can get it up and running.

This happened after I did an OTA update last night.

Common problem with LG phones.. my son's nexus 5 suffered similar prob with an OTA update and mine did the same when flashing the image files of a new update. The flash would always fail when flashing the system image.

Both had their motherboards replaced.

Soldato
Tough one. It's certainly worth it as a phone. If you want the latest and greatest then maybe consider the lg6 or s8 both coming very soon.

For me the nexus / google experience is priceless and I have owned every device they have made. I will no doubt take a hit and get my mits on the pixel 2 at the end of the year.

Soldato
So, I've just moved from an iPhone 6 to a 32gb pixel.Really liking it so far and have transferred everything across to make it usable in about an hour (contacts, mail, all important apps). I am really liking it. As someone who has been on apple phones since the 3, what are the cool tricks I do not know about yet??

ETA, I have a shield tablet so am fairly familliar with Android.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
So, I've just moved from an iPhone 6 to a 32gb pixel.Really liking it so far and have transferred everything across to make it usable in about an hour (contacts, mail, all important apps). I am really liking it. As someone who has been on apple phones since the 3, what are the cool tricks I do not know about yet??

Thanks

It's tricks are really just that it does all the run of the mill stuff REALLY well and with relative ease.

To try and answer your question at least a bit I'm really enjoying the live wallpapers right now. The Cityscapes and landscapes are pretty cool when you set it to update each day. I'm using the Aurora time lapse wallpaper right now and it's really nice, it works in conjunction with the weather so you can get some nice colour schemes.

Finally if you like taking photos you're in for a treat, by far the best mobile phone camera I've ever used.

PS, if you're looking for cases at all check out the Spigen range, they're head and shoulders above the competition.

Associate

Thanks

The gestures or moves are pretty cool if you don't know about them, they can be enabled in Settings>Moves -

Tap the screen twice to wake the screen and show notifications (I use this all the time when the phone it laying flat on a desk etc)
Lift the phone to show notifications
Double tap the power button to launch the camera
Twist the phone twice when the camera app is running to switch between front and back cameras
Swipe down on the fingerprint scanner to show the notification bar
Enable the notification LED by going to Settings>Notifications then press the cog at the top right. (no idea why they hid it away there)

Man of Honour
I've been a Nexus user for years, and this really is the phone Google needed to launch to make it relevant in the industry.

Furthermore the insurance company have advised me that they will replace my 5X too. So I'll be able to sell it as a new phone too!

Soldato
I've moved from a Nexus 4 to the Pixel about 3 months. On my nexus I customised the home screen (copied a layout from colourmyhomescreen) and switched to Nova launcher. I've not had the urge to move from the Pixel launcher to Nova. Has anyone moved away from the stock launcher or done anything interesting/useful with the homescreen?

Associate
Has anyone moved away from the stock launcher or done anything interesting/useful with the homescreen?

Stuck with Pixel Launcher for a bit, but have dropped back to Nova... single screen, swipe actions on icons to open folders, tap them for the primary app in the folder.

Keep dipping back to Pixel just to check, but my customisations of Nova make it slow to use owt else now.

I bloody love this phone though, no matter the launcher.

Back
Top Bottom