Is RTS still a thing?

dal

dal

Associate
Rise of nations is good but old now, nothing more satisfying than out evolving the enemy, and rolling a bunch of tanks into a base that's still in the medieval age :)

I used to love that game, found it very satisfying sending a fleet of bombers in to wipe out a city.

Soldato
Ashes of Singularity bit of help, i can buy it on keys site for 8 quid however on steam its not there just the new version escalation, if i bought the old cheaper one would it even work? or would steam upgrade it to the new one?

Associate
You can still download and play the original Red Alert on Windows 10 for free, through a download and installer on Cnnet.org

Played it last night in fact...what a game that is.

Caporegime
OP
Apologies for not getting back to this sooner, but thanks for the replies all, definitely some fodder here worth a play. Many titles I'd forgotten about too. Anyone remember KKND? I loved that game for the 5% of the time I could get it to work properly.

Permabanned
Rise of Nations was remastered few years back and is pretty good. I dumped it though. Annoying battle timer :/

Act of War was very good for its time.

KKND and the like were massively overshadowed by TA and C&C. I never played any of them.

Associate
I still look at World in Conflict (including expansion) as one of the finest pieces of RTS work in recent times. Shame Massive were swallowed by Ubisoft :(

I love World In Conflict. However the game does have issues on Windows 10 :( crashes a lot, sometimes levels will not declear victory etc. Might just be my weird hardware though. But it is a beautiful looking game.

Associate
The closest thing to C&C in years is Halo Wars 2. Played it at my friends over the weekend, really good

Yep, enjoying Halo Wars 2.

And can play at 4K from my sofa with a gamepad - Unprecedented.

Have either of you played it with mouse/keyboard rather than gamepad ?

I was going to get it but reviews say the mouse/keyboard controls suffer due to making it gamepad friendly so I was looking for some honest player feedback especially from people used to playing RTS's on PC.

Associate
I
Have either of you played it with mouse/keyboard rather than gamepad ?

I was going to get it but reviews say the mouse/keyboard controls suffer due to making it gamepad friendly so I was looking for some honest player feedback especially from people used to playing RTS's on PC.
Im afraid I havnt, i think there's a demo available to download now though

Back
Top Bottom