• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SOME RYZEN 7 1700 OVERCLOCKING!

Soldato
I posted this in the Owners thread, but, maybe here might be a better place to discuss the poor overclocking performance of my 1700.

Ok, I am running an MSI x370 pro carbon with a Ryzen 1700. Currently running @3.8Ghz. With Voltage set at 1.35. My ram is running at 2933Mhz.

I am only getting around 1480 in Cinebench. My CPU score in 3D mark TimeSpy demo hovers around the 7000 mark. I thought I would be pushing 1600 in Cinebench and definitely getting 8000 in 3D mark.

My temps go up to 60 degrees when running benchmarks. They idle around 35/36 degrees.

Soldato
I posted this in the Owners thread, but, maybe here might be a better place to discuss the poor overclocking performance of my 1700.

Ok, I am running an MSI x370 pro carbon with a Ryzen 1700. Currently running @3.8Ghz. With Voltage set at 1.35. My ram is running at 2933Mhz.

I am only getting around 1480 in Cinebench. My CPU score in 3D mark TimeSpy demo hovers around the 7000 mark. I thought I would be pushing 1600 in Cinebench and definitely getting 8000 in 3D mark.

My temps go up to 60 degrees when running benchmarks. They idle around 35/36 degrees.

Windows set to high performance mode?

Associate
Lots of mathematians here trying to find new prime numbers i see :rolleyes:

If you want a proper burn test in that manner, go run Firestarter. Check the way it loads your CPU versus IBT.

I might drag out my abacus tomorrow, obsolete tools seem to be all the rage here ;). It doesn't have the capability to push the CPU correctly, using an imperfect tool to crash your machine is exactly that.

There are many better tools.
AMD not been updated for firestarter so don't waste your time.
Supported CPU microarchitectures
- Intel Nehalem
- Intel Westmere
- Intel Sandy Bridge
- Intel Ivy Bridge
- Intel Haswell
- Intel Skylake
- Intel Knights Landing
- AMD Bulldozer (experimental)

Soldato
I'm on bios 1002 and tested at 3.8 and get consistent results in the mid 1600s. That's with 2666 ram. Try 1002 bios?

Mid 1600's at 3.8. WTF is wrong with my 1700? I am 3.8 and my highest result so far was 1511, all the rest of my results are under 1500.

Associate
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows what the SoC voltage is at stock? I know 1.2v is what people are recommending max. Is it necessary for chip OC or only useful for memory? lil screeny of the settings here

Osb3fAP.png

does anyone know if the CPU NB Voltage is the SoC setting? in hwinfo it's showing my SoC volts as only 0.887v, does this seem low to anyone else or is it normal?

I know a lot of the settings are wacky like the ram which I havent configured yet

Soldato
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows what the SoC voltage is at stock? I know 1.2v is what people are recommending max. Is it necessary for chip OC or only useful for memory? lil screeny of the settings here

Osb3fAP.png

does anyone know if the CPU NB Voltage is the SoC setting? in hwinfo it's showing my SoC volts as only 0.887v, does this seem low to anyone else or is it normal?

I know a lot of the settings are wacky like the ram which I havent configured yet

I have replied to you in the other thread :)

Associate
Got my Taichi last night and put my system together. Seem to have hit a wall @3.8GHz, Vcore 1.35, VSOC 1.05, both LLC2.
Ram is this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...hannel-kit-black-cmk16gx4m2b32-my-456-cs.html and doesnt seem to want to go any higher than 2666MHz. If I try to either increase the clockspeed or memory speed I get stuck in a boot loop where the system wont even load into Windows. Is this as good as it's going to get at the moment or has anyone got any other advice? Cooling the CPU with a Noctua NH-D14 so don't see temperatures as a problem.

Soldato
Got my Taichi last night and put my system together. Seem to have hit a wall @3.8GHz, Vcore 1.35, VSOC 1.05, both LLC2.
Ram is this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...hannel-kit-black-cmk16gx4m2b32-my-456-cs.html and doesnt seem to want to go any higher than 2666MHz. If I try to either increase the clockspeed or memory speed I get stuck in a boot loop where the system wont even load into Windows. Is this as good as it's going to get at the moment or has anyone got any other advice? Cooling the CPU with a Noctua NH-D14 so don't see temperatures as a problem.
You have an identical setup to me, including the RAM. I can't get it booting at anything over 2666MHz either. These particular Vegeance LPX kits are dual rank Hynix sticks, which Ryzen has particular problems with right now. The key to getting faster memory to work seems to be newer single rank Samsung B-die kits, which are CL14 at 3200MHz. AMD do say that they're working on RAM compatibility though, so it might be the case that things will improve in the next couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom