Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
If any of you suffer with water spot problems (like me), Koch Chemie FSE is amazing. Removed them all with zero effort (other detail sprays couldn't touch them). It's cheap too and leaves a good finish.

Associate
What do you guys use to maintain your leather seats? I've got a BMW with cream nappa leather and was wondering what the best product is to keep it in as-new condition.

Thanks.

Caporegime
What do you guys use to maintain your leather seats? I've got a BMW with cream nappa leather and was wondering what the best product is to keep it in as-new condition.

Thanks.
Your number one friend is a very slightly damp microfiber. That'll keep the day to day dirt off it. I also use autoglym leather cleaner and provided it's well agitated it does a visibly good job. Follow up with leather balm afterwards.

Associate
Best way to cover swirl marks on a black car?

They're noticeable, and I'm aware the correct answer is machine polishing, but I don't own one currently nor do I wish to buy one at present.

I'd like a filling polish/glaze to hide them, basically. Was looking at Poorboys Black Hole? In terms of polishes and waxes I currently have AG Super Resin polish and HD Wax, Farecla G3 Scratch remover polish and Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax.

Would SRP, Black Hole and BH wax be a good combo on the black to bring it back to life a bit more?

Associate
It should bring it back to life, srp can produce good results for light marring. I haven't used black hole personally but the reviews ive read have been quite mixed, have a look at prima amigo polymer glaze, it's meant to work very well on dark cars.

Man of Honour
Best way to cover swirl marks on a black car?

They're noticeable, and I'm aware the correct answer is machine polishing, but I don't own one currently nor do I wish to buy one at present.

I'd like a filling polish/glaze to hide them, basically. Was looking at Poorboys Black Hole? In terms of polishes and waxes I currently have AG Super Resin polish and HD Wax, Farecla G3 Scratch remover polish and Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax.

Would SRP, Black Hole and BH wax be a good combo on the black to bring it back to life a bit more?

Your 2 options really are:

Black Hole followed by Double Speed Wax
SRP followed by HD Wax

As for what would work best, I'd probably try the BH followed by DSW. Make sure the BH is sealed with a wax or it'll disappear quickly.

Ultimately though as you say, you'd need to machine polish it to really start removing them, things like Super Resin Polish will just fill them in to a degree.

A great combo for black cars is BH Cleanser Polish followed by 2-3 coats of DSW. Cheap too and can be done by hand.

Edit: Just seen you don't have the Black Hole yet, I'm not sure if it's that great, as mentioned above there are mixed reviews. Some people love it, others don't.

Soldato
If any of you suffer with water spot problems (like me), Koch Chemie FSE is amazing. Removed them all with zero effort (other detail sprays couldn't touch them). It's cheap too and leaves a good finish.
Only on the roof and bonnet really, but that product does sound like good value for money.

Associate
Your 2 options really are:

Black Hole followed by Double Speed Wax
SRP followed by HD Wax

As for what would work best, I'd probably try the BH followed by DSW. Make sure the BH is sealed with a wax or it'll disappear quickly.

Ultimately though as you say, you'd need to machine polish it to really start removing them, things like Super Resin Polish will just fill them in to a degree.

A great combo for black cars is BH Cleanser Polish followed by 2-3 coats of DSW. Cheap too and can be done by hand.

Edit: Just seen you don't have the Black Hole yet, I'm not sure if it's that great, as mentioned above there are mixed reviews. Some people love it, others don't.

Okay, so perhaps try something else other than Black Hole? I'll look at BH stuff, do love the double speed wax

What you need is a glaze. SRP works, but only for very minor swirls.

Indeed, hence asking about Black Hole :p

Soldato
I know this has been asked a million times before, but I'm going to ask again. Beginner here sitting in a new car and I want to keep it clean/protected. Unfortunately I'm limited somewhat as the car is parked in a underground secure compound, therefore pressure washing etc is not practical. Time is also a constraint. As can you tell, I'm after the basic elements to save me going to the Polish car garage at £5 a pop!

I already have a couple of products which I used on my previous car:

Autoglym Interior Shampoo
Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care
Turtle Wax Hard Shell Shine Wax
Turtle Wax Alloy Wheel Clean

I'm literally going back to basics; so buckets, cloths etc. What would you guys recommend to get started at a relatively low cost?

Car in question is estoril blue.

Soldato
For prewash sure, be that snowfoam or APC or traffic film remover or car soap or just plain old water, whatever. Not strictly necessary but anything that takes the largest dirt/contaminants off your paint before you contact wash it is a help.

I prefer cleanyourcar.co.uk but there are dozens all pretty much the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom