£100 off LG 34UC79G Freesync 1ms 144Hz Gaming Monitor with OCUK!

Associate
Hi Daniel , just received mine nice screen. I didn't realise there was no speakers integrated but that keeps the Mrs happy. Just wondering a couple of things.
Am i meant to have a code in my box ? and also the usb 3 cable for the hub is this supposed to be in the box or purchased separate ?

You have to buy your own USB3 cable.

Associate
Mine was delivered today, fantastic bit of kit. I also didn't receive a code for Ghost Recon - I think I've sent you a trust message Daniel.

What GPU does everyone recommend for this? Vega to make most out of freesync?

Associate
biE5W
Almost all sorted - Just cable management and some other bits to do :)

I also need the code Daniel, I will PM you

Associate
Thanks carl5363 - I have your email

I will reply when I get home later as the codes are at home

Everyone please note - I am on annual leave from tomorrow so you may get a delay in me sending codes out till start of September

Thanks Daniel! What settings look best for the rest of you?

Soldato
To me 720p/1080p is the perfect resolution for gaming, above 1080p and the visual quality improvements are small with diminishing returns the higher you go, however I value higher resolutions for desktop real estate.

Of course my comment in regards to gaming is a lot down to the fact I dont game on big screens, its possible that on large screens 1080p can seem too blocky. Although when I used to play on my 32inch tv with my ps4 1080p didnt seem blocky then.

Soldato
To me 720p/1080p is the perfect resolution for gaming, above 1080p and the visual quality improvements are small with diminishing returns the higher you go, however I value higher resolutions for desktop real estate.

Of course my comment in regards to gaming is a lot down to the fact I dont game on big screens, its possible that on large screens 1080p can seem too blocky. Although when I used to play on my 32inch tv with my ps4 1080p didnt seem blocky then.

Large scren means you will need AA. For example I can easily get away with no AA on my 24" 1200p, but if it was a lot bigger, or I had a 27" 1080p, I would need to use AA. Back then AA really did kill fps, much worse than just using a higher resolution (and some AA is bugged) Not sure how it is now. But FSAA looks horrid, bot sure about MSAA or SSAA or whatever it's called.

Soldato
Generally AA is much lighter on a GPU than higher resolution, especially with things like MFAA and the results can be vastly superior. Exception is SGSSAA whish is very heavy on the GPU, but at same time SGSSAA is the ultimate solution.

Associate
New monitor arrived, what an improvement!

I was worried it'd be too big - it's not.
I was worried the image would look pixelated - it doesn't.
I was worried about using a FreeSync monitor with a GTX970 - OK I don't have adaptive sync, but 144Hz is a massive improvement on its own!

It's the first time I've had an IPS panel and so far I love it! The P2450h has gone to the other half, and her no-name 1680x1050 thing has been banished to the loft, hopefully never to be seen again. :)

The only thing I'm missing is the Ghost Recon code, as others have mentioned.

Fantastic deal overall.

Back
Top Bottom