I love Final Fantasy XV

Soldato
Finished it on the PS4, was ok but could've been absolutely epic, had the devs delivered on all of their promises. I really enjoyed the road trip atmosphere, camping/cooking etc. and the combat felt quite fresh and was visually impressive. Wish the world was as big and open as initially promised to properly utilise the roadtrip concept. Most sidequests were pants as well.

Might get it again as the frame pacing issues on the PS4 were horrendous at times.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Finished it on the PS4, was ok but could've been absolutely epic, had the devs delivered on all of their promises. I really enjoyed the road trip atmosphere, camping/cooking etc. and the combat felt quite fresh and was visually impressive. Wish the world was as big and open as initially promised to properly utilise the roadtrip concept. Most sidequests were pants as well.

Might get it again as the frame pacing issues on the PS4 were horrendous at times.
If you are willing to get it again, cannot be too bad :p

Really looking forward to it myself. Will be fun to play with lovely graphics like that. Will be interesting to see how much fps the gameworks stuff is going to suck up. It will probably be the difference between 4K 30fps with them on and 4K 60fps with them off :p

Will happily go 4K 30fps and play with a controller if the gameworks stuff ends up looking really good. In the past gameworks stuff have looked nothing special and cost a ton of performance and was never worth it in my experience. Hopefully that is not the case this time.

Soldato
Played a bit on the PS4. Had some fun but somehow just stopped playing it, didn't get very far at all.

I'm really struggling with the loss of turn based battles to be honest. I understand they are out dated now, but I like 'em :(

I'm sad that ni no kuni is going to ARPG style too...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Played a bit on the PS4. Had some fun but somehow just stopped playing it, didn't get very far at all.

I'm really struggling with the loss of turn based battles to be honest. I understand they are out dated now, but I like 'em :(

I'm sad that ni no kuni is going to ARPG style too...
Yeah, I really like turn based battles also, but I have come to terms with not having them now. I just re-play all the old final fantasy games for that. Specifically love 7 to 10.

Associate
I don't have a PS4 so I've been out of the Final Fantasy realm for a while. Recently picked up FFXIII but haven't properly started going through it yet. That said the Windows version of this looks really interesting; certainly different from anything else I've played recently. I may just have to give it a go, although the emphasis on Gameworks does make me worry about how my planned AMD build will handle it.

Soldato
I think it was 30fps on consoles, should play fine 30fps on PC also then. Just don't try playing it with keyboard and mouse at the fps though :p
I'm not saying the game will generally be insanely demanding, just when maxed out with all the bells and whistles. Anticipate tons of 'unoptimized garbage' claims when they crank everything all the way up and get like 23fps.

I expect at console-esque settings you wont need anything too special to run it just fine.

Hopefully Nvidia will do one of their super useful graphics guides. I imagine they will since this seems like it's gonna be something of a headline title for 'em.

Soldato
Yeah, I really like turn based battles also, but I have come to terms with not having them now. I just re-play all the old final fantasy games for that. Specifically love 7 to 10.

Yeah, I love 7 and 10, especially 10 for some reason, I've played that so much lol. 8 and 9 I can take or leave tbh

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm not saying the game will generally be insanely demanding, just when maxed out with all the bells and whistles. Anticipate tons of 'unoptimized garbage' claims when they crank everything all the way up and get like 23fps.

I expect at console-esque settings you wont need anything too special to run it just fine.
As usual I will play about with settings to optimise the game to my needs. I am usually not the type to whack everything on ultra and play. As that setting could have worse image quality anyway by using depth of field and motion blur etc.

I will go through each gameworks settings and see if it improves IQ in a meaningful way that I like. If it does it will stay on, if not, it will be turned off :D

Yeah, I love 7 and 10, especially 10 for some reason, I've played that so much lol. 8 and 9 I can take or leave tbh

Same here. In order prefer 7, 10, 9 then 8. I have replayed 7 quite a few times. It was my first final fantasy game and has a special place in my heart.

With all this FF talk I am about to play 10 soon :D

Soldato
If you are willing to get it again, cannot be too bad :p

Really looking forward to it myself. Will be fun to play with lovely graphics like that. Will be interesting to see how much fps the gameworks stuff is going to suck up. It will probably be the difference between 4K 30fps with them on and 4K 60fps with them off :p

Will happily go 4K 30fps and play with a controller if the gameworks stuff ends up looking really good. In the past gameworks stuff have looked nothing special and cost a ton of performance and was never worth it in my experience. Hopefully that is not the case this time.

The atmosphere and combat is what did it for me. Had the world, story and sidequests been more fleshed out, it would've been really amazing. The map we've gotten in the end is just a small fraction of what was initially planned to be explorable and it's full of invisible walls.
However, without the performance hurdle, I think it at least warrants a playthrough:)

Soldato
I'm not a FF fan by a long shot, I find the games to be terrible but this topic seems slightly egregious to say the least. It's a huge series, the game did well on consoles and is actually getting a PC port which is rare, and you title it Boyzone: The Game and call it jap crap? Bruh lol.

I actually thought you'd copied the wrong link and there was an actual Boyzone game coming out :o

Associate
I'm not a FF fan by a long shot, I find the games to be terrible but this topic seems slightly egregious to say the least. It's a huge series, the game did well on consoles and is actually getting a PC port which is rare, and you title it Boyzone: The Game and call it jap crap? Bruh lol.

I actually thought you'd copied the wrong link and there was an actual Boyzone game coming out :o

I thought the title was very fitting. :D

Maybe i'd play FF if it a) wasn't Anime or a JRPG for that matter b) Wasn't written for teenagers.

Back
Top Bottom