• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Threadripper Owners Thread ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date
Associate
Got mine built and I am really impressed so far it has really cutting down rendering times, I am rendering 4k videos in Premiere Pro in the same amount of time it took the 5820k to render the same video at 1080p, I have it overclocked at 4ghz using the profile in the BIOS and doesnt utilise more than 70% of the CPU during rendering at present, the same graphics card being used (GTX 970) and cooler (Corsair AIO H80i GT v2).

For anyone wondering if the ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 will fit into a Corsair 570x Crystal series case it does just but the right side screws cannot be screwed in due to how the plate is curved but still fits and looks awesome in it, if those screws were in the board would be flexed! The board slightly covers the cable management grommets but there is still space to get all cables through nicely.

Associate
KX7stN.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
KX7stN.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Right, just waiting for a waterblock now.

BFH8cKb.jpg

Forgot how much a total PITA this case is for cable management, but I can't quit bring myself to part with it.

Man of Honour
Here is a little teaser of where we are at so far:

This is a 3.7 base with 4.05 boost on 2 cores. voltages somewhere around 1.4 and temps are really nice still. Maxing out at around 65 under load. Memory at 3066 atm but this was with only about an hour worth of tweeking.

Man of Honour
Finally got my setup - Thanks OCUK for the fast Mobo shipment!

1950X Based system:

Awesome! That right there is going to make a very nice system indeed!

In other news I got Threadripper working with ESXi last night. This made me very happy indeed :)

Associate
Just finished my threadripper build and I am having an issue with the ram.

Build info :

1950X, Asrock Taichi, Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3333MHz Quad Channel Memory Kit.

In UEFI its showing 32gb, quad channel, in windows the memory is showing as 32.0 GB installed but only 7.88 GB usable (same in linux liveboot usb)

I have tried with just 2 sticks of RAM and swapped the pairs over and its the same issue?

9HtOR0H.jpg

IM6ZFfi.png

Last edited:
Associate
Well it seems like a faulty motherboard.

The memory slots on the right hand side dont work, A1,A2,B1,B2.

When I try to run dual channel in slots DDR4-A2 & DDR4-B2 (as shown in manual) it wont boot and the motherboard resets when it gets to code "C0"

Switch the memory over the slots on the left hand side of the CPU and it boots fine.

Man of Honour
Well it seems like a faulty motherboard.

The memory slots on the right hand side dont work, A1,A2,B1,B2.

When I try to run dual channel in slots DDR4-A2 & DDR4-B2 (as shown in manual) it wont boot and the motherboard resets when it gets to code "C0"

Switch the memory over the slots on the left hand side of the CPU and it boots fine.

I have probably spent 20 hours poking around in that bios fighting with ESXi - My guess is a faulty board, there is nothing in the bios that you can change that will disable a number of ram slots.

Associate
Have RMA'd the Asrock taichi for a refund and ordered a Gigabyte GA-X399 GAMING 7 which should be delivered tomorrow.

Now have to rebuild the lot for 2nd time :(

Back
Top Bottom