*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Soldato
Temp setup, moved in with the in-laws for 2 weeks while we wait for legal completion of our new build. Sold our current house and moved out at the weekend.

tempsetup.jpg

Soldato
To who this applies, What/where have you bought your corner desks? My PC is in a bed room and I would benefit with a corner desk, I'd have a bit more space in my room and I'd like to put my PC up on the desk or set of matching drawers.

Going back through the thread, examples like posts #794, #1097 would be what I'm after.

Looking on Ikea, which is the same experience as getting lost in the actual store, I'm looking at the Linnmon Corner desk and in my head I'm thinking a set of matching drawers each side would be great, I'd be able to throw three monitors up on it along with my mic arm and audio interface and speakers, and the option of placing my PC on the desk/drawers with room to spare.

Opinions and suggestions most welcome

Last edited:
Associate
looks good rob! i have the same case + chair :D

whats the source of the lighting in the case though? seems to be coming from the CPU area but cant tell this far away

Soldato
looks good rob! i have the same case + chair :D

whats the source of the lighting in the case though? seems to be coming from the CPU area but cant tell this far away

Lighting is from the motherboard which is an Asus Z270E. It has RGB lighting on the top left area, also I have a 12cm led strip running down the side of the front radiator.

Waterblock for the CPU also has 2x 3mm leds installed to it.

Thinking of adding a little lighting around the PSU area, as at night it's completely dark around that area would like to light up the gpu/soundcard/psu

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Lighting is from the motherboard which is an Asus Z270E. It has RGB lighting on the top left area, also I have a 12cm led strip running down the side of the front radiator.

Waterblock for the CPU also has 2x 3mm leds installed to it.

Thinking of adding a little lighting around the PSU area, as at night it's completely dark around that area would like to light up the gpu/soundcard/psu

How about...

Soldato
As posted in my project thread in homes and garden, converted my garage into a new room for me. Still lots to do as it is very empty but getting there:

From this:

oiGMx5K.jpg

To this:

fKclbC4.jpg
MfsFDQn.jpg

I will take closer up of the desk but when moving things this happened:

QJrJ1Rt.jpg

So just trying to sort out with the insurance as smashing my LG ultrawide was not on the agenda!!

Associate
Had you declared it on the insurance? I was thinking about my acer x34a when putting it on a mounting arm the other day that if I broke it I'd cry lol. After my house and my car it's probably the most expensive thing I own

Soldato
Had you declared it on the insurance? I was thinking about my acer x34a when putting it on a mounting arm the other day that if I broke it I'd cry lol. After my house and my car it's probably the most expensive thing I own

Its covered through Debenhams gadget insurance. To cover this it costs me around £4 per month, potentially more for you but could be worth looking into.

Just on hold to them to pay the £25 excess as its been approved, thank god! House insurance has a £250 excess so much better.

Soldato
Finally got round to re-doing the mancave.
Still a few odd bits to finish such as a new blind for the window which is currently being made but pleased with how it's looking so far.

GUcGNyPh.jpg.png

NphiFqKh.jpg.png

E5tF0Hgh.jpg.png

5SNEN3Gh.jpg.png

yaucqS8h.jpg.png

& a quick before picuture

ZJJVgpVh.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Cruddy pics, had to pano them - but I finally got around to tidying the cables, which looks a real mess with a glass desk.

6xiCwOX.jpg

WiUNe9g.jpg

Still needs some shelving to go in and some bookshelf speakers / some Skateboard deck art and so forth, but happy with my study's progress.

Back
Top Bottom