*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
What is the small card? USB PCI or PCI-e?

Yeah, it's a pci USB/FireWire expansion. Bought it quite a while back for a FireWire audio device I was running. Just use it now for extra usb2 ports. Would be better if it had some 9 pin headers on there too as I've just had to buy a 9 pin extension hub. (It's sat bottom right in front of radiator)

Associate
New speakers. Less than ideal speaker placement, though.

IMG_4882s_zpses8hp52r.jpg

IMG_5002s_zps9tjbeq5c.jpg

V F

V F

Soldato
Mmm, nice setups benjo and David230. Love how subtle the lighting is in benjo's case. Yum purple setup for David's. Love the purple backlit keyboard.

Soldato
So, had to organise it in a strange way ie. PC. It was originally in the cupboard area underneath the desk against the wall, however the wifi doesn't reach there. (I know, right?)SO it had to be on the left hand side of the desk as you look at it but in front of the two double plug socket(with the wifi aerials to the right) wasn't close enough to the router for a consistent connection. Hence, i've dragged the bedside table over :p Waiting on a USB hub to arrive as currently the keyboard and mouse usb cable is draped across the desk at it's limit. Not sure where the apple TV is going to go, or even whether the wifi is strong enough to handle it; not had much luck so far. Xbox could potentially be moved down next to the PC however at the moment it's currently hiding a bit of the wiring, although as i look at it now, it looks a little awkward. Down in the bottom right hand cupboard, you can't see but that's where the subwoofer lives; it was in the foot area of the desk but that's not moved and there'll be a footstool under there at times. I have a smaller 22" TV at home that i personally think would work perfectly in the right hand side gap as we're looking. Over in the corner it would be connected to my PC. However, my other idea is it could again bt used to cover up some wiring on the left hand side of my main screen as we look.

There'll be small changes once i have everything i need. ie, Track day photo currently behind main screen will move, cables running across the top of the desk will be cable tied, sellotaped down nice and tidily, second screen as mentioned. Also planning on getting some Nurburgring posters to cover the bare walls :)

Av88xag.jpg

c9ZYtz5.jpg

Associate
New desk layout now organised primarily for music. Needs a little tidying here and there but the layout suits the setup much better than before..

vpJ103H.jpg

qb2HzhJ.jpg

q7cAHlN.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
If its for music production id recommend treating that room. Spaces like that are horrible bass hogs...

Yes, It is a compromise and room treatment is on the cards. This is very much stage one WIP. Just having fun at the moment.

Its an L shaped room with this being fired down the longest run.

My main concern is stereo symmetry but I dont think there is any way round it.

Last edited:
Associate
New speaker stands. Now complete isolation from the desk I can hear my mixes much clearer than before although I would prefer a little more space behind the speakers it still sounds more solid and with less colouration. 6 inches from wall.

YXqHLPr.jpg

Associate
Just finished reshelling my mobo in to a new lian-li case, amazing quality! Just waiting for my fans and GTX 1080ti to turn up.
Also just built the new desk from ikea:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom