CEX shop

Soldato
Can I ask why? ;)

Long story short. They sold my Mrs some dodgy goods and then refused to refund when I called them out on it. Even though I was being very calm and polite they threatened to phone the police to remove me from the shop. I told 'em to knock themselves out, and when the police arrived and had been informed of the situation they took my side and I walked away with a full refund. :D

Soldato
CEX contain more vermin than Europe in the 14th Century.

Avoid like the plague.

On the other hand it reduces the annoyance around having to wait for the local drug addict to visit the pub before being able to purchase stolen goods. Drug addicts around here aren't known for good timekeeping, and why would I want 12 copies of the same CD anyway. Cex really does take the guess work out of purchasing from a fence. Added bonus, if you get your phone nicked on a night out and the insurance wont pay up, just wait 48 hours and then go and buy it back! They probably won't even bother to wipe the data, and you can pick up some scratched to hell blurays at the same time.

Man of Honour
On the other hand it reduces the annoyance around having to wait for the local drug addict to visit the pub before being able to purchase stolen goods. Drug addicts around here aren't known for good timekeeping, and why would I want 12 copies of the same CD anyway. Cex really does take the guess work out of purchasing from a fence. Added bonus, if you get your phone nicked on a night out and the insurance wont pay up, just wait 48 hours and then go and buy it back! They probably won't even bother to wipe the data, and you can pick up some scratched to hell blurays at the same time.

I have in the past shopped at a CEX shop.

No, wait, I am misremembering it. It was a sex shop, old school with blacked-out windows. Much less embarrassing than shopping at a CEX shop :)

Soldato
To be honest, very rarely go in Cex but online you get some nice bargains if you look in the right places. Last week I managed to get two Toshiba 256gb m.2 NVMe drives for £50 each! Cant beat that even on MM. Upon testing usage time for both was less than 4hrs. So these were basically new :)

Cex (webuy) does have it uses.

Back
Top Bottom