• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

OcUK Staff
Binned 5.0Ghz, 5.1GHz and 5.2GHz are in stock, very small numbers.

8700K is pre-order, stock due this month fingers crossed but Intel are very short, likewise for i5-8600K as well, minimal stocks unfortunately. :(

Associate
Wow, OcUK page wasn't showing them to me at 1400, but apparently others it was as you could click links on the forum and they then showed - although the categories were still missing when I refreshed.

I was told on the phone an hour or so ago I had to go via the website and I wouldn't get it any sooner on the phone, yet it seems others could.

I will obviously take my business elsewhere if/when they actually become available.

Associate
Pre orders on 8700k means zero stock i bet.

Not buying a 8600k at that price.

Roll on next year then :c

So have OCUK taken all their 8700k allocation and just binned them all for 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2ghz?

Yeah that's me not on the 8th gen. As good as they are I can't justify paying 500 plus for a guaranteed overclock on release day in the absence of actual stock. There's probably a number of stock in the OcUK warehouse but watching threads like this it's likely easier to placehold them under preorder as to not disappoint customers by not being able to fulfil the sale on time.

TJM

TJM

Associate
Other retailers were also only taking 8700K pre-orders as soon as their pages went live so low/no stock everywhere. I've put in a few orders for it and will see who ships first.

Back
Top Bottom