• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Soldato
Any more comparisons. Would be the same jump for me. Tempted in the next month or two.

Not yet only just got my system up and running and had that game already on SSD. If you want me to run some benchmarks with games I own I can do that. Had to buy SATA power extensions new case has a awkward storage layout, aload my games are on a hard drive.

Soldato
Some CSGO is a game that favours a decent CPU more than the GPU its around 100fps boost in this game.

i7 3770k @ 4.2 - 242fps
i73770k8ebb3.jpg

i7 8700k @4.7ghz - 328fps
i78700k.jpg

Soldato
Great for those with 328 Hz monitors huh.

They is plenty reason's while a higher fps is much better even if you have just 60hz
Source games mainly is the network latency is all tired to the performance of the client system.
Meaning if you have very high fps your latency is much lower = better hitreg

I can even feel the difference. But I play a lot of CSGO to understand and change.

Soldato
Having never used one, what sort of temps are expected on the stock Intel cooler?

Friend got an i5-8400 setup over christmas, had to use stock cooler for now due to funds. Maxed at around 70C during realbench benchmark and think it was a similar sort of temp in a longish video encode, bit lower in gaming. Fine temp wise I guess, but is a little noisy at the rpm it runs at.

Is it worth changing out the intel paste on it, for some decent stuff or is the stock cooler just a bit meh and better to just sort a better & quieter cooler at a later date?

Thanks.

Soldato
Having never used one, what sort of temps are expected on the stock Intel cooler?

Friend got an i5-8400 setup over christmas, had to use stock cooler for now due to funds. Maxed at around 70C during realbench benchmark and think it was a similar sort of temp in a longish video encode, bit lower in gaming. Fine temp wise I guess, but is a little noisy at the rpm it runs at.

Is it worth changing out the intel paste on it, for some decent stuff or is the stock cooler just a bit meh and better to just sort a better & quieter cooler at a later date?

Thanks.

70C is absolutely fine, if you will change it anyway because of noise, I wouldn't wate my time.

Back
Top Bottom