• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Caporegime
Thank you. It's been years since I've had a full AMD system ha.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.9GHZ (Then again it's also years I've had a CPU clocked this low)
16GB DDR4 3000MHZ.
Vega 64 Limited Edition

Just ordered a 275GB M.2 SSD too.

Coupled with my 144HZ Freesync Superwide I finally feel like I'm back at the upper end.
Definitely back at the high end, nice setup!

Switching to 34401440 UQ 100HZ FreeSync has got me back into gaming. I now prefer it to my 4K60HS FreeSync display.

I run my 1800x at stock, using XFR (3.7Ghz all core boost - 4.1Ghz up to dual core boost) these days when not benching/recording videos. I undervolt (offset -0.0625v) and no word of a lie, i can have silent fans barely moving and temps don't go over 50c. Ryzen is one low power, cool running chip.

I've only recently moved to M2 SSD's for boot drivers along with secure boot. Safe to say, system boots stupidly fast takes some getting used to.

Caporegime
Definitely back at the high end, nice setup!

Switching to 34401440 UQ 100HZ FreeSync has got me back into gaming. I now prefer it to my 4K60HS FreeSync display.

I run my 1800x at stock, using XFR these days when not benching/recording videos. I undervolt and no word of a lie, i can have silent fans barely moving and temps don't go over 50c. Ryzen is one low power, cool running chip.

I've only recently moved to M2 SSD's for boot drivers along with secure boot. Safe to say, system boots stupidly fast takes some getting used to.

Ryzen's been great to be honest. Hopefully AMD can follow it up with a drop in upgrade, as obviously it has some caveats.
I just use the AMD Stock cooler, it's absolutely fine for me.

The M2's going to be my games drive. I'm sticking to an old 120GB Crucial for OS.

Associate
Update to my situation. After I updated both the OS and Drivers to the Creator's Fall Update, I'm having system hangs in Turbo Mode aswell, and none of my previously set profiles work.

On a quick glance at the OSD's while these crashes happen, nothing seems to stand out, clocks are around 1680mhz ,280-300W, 1.1-1.2V (in case of user set profiles, it's always 50-80mV less than what I set in Wattman/OverdriveNtool most of the times,whereas in Auto mode, it's around 1.18-1.2V a LOT of times).

On top of all this, I'm unable to get into safe mode because my monitor just loses signal when its using the basic VGA adapter I presume (funny thing is, it's an XR341CK, and I had 0 "No signal" problems with my 1080 on the same monitor ironically) , so I can't even try a DDU. Feeling quite let down to be honest. (This has been happening since the start, not related to the new OS/driver updates). EDIT - I Figured this one out. For people having No-Signal issues on monitors like XR341CK, all you have to do is open the monitor OSD, look for the "Daisy Chain" Setting which will be set to "Clone" by default, we have to change it to "Extend". It stops input cycling as well as perfectly now allows to be logged in, using VGA adapters and using DDU.

I'm still waiting on a response for my RMA mail, and TBH quite baffled as to why I'm having these system hangs/restarts despite having provided sufficient power, I've seen the card run around 340W for long periods of time,so that's definitely not looking to be an issue and the crashes happen a lot of times when I'm in the 260W range, hence I'm ruling out the Power supply problem. (Ax 760i). Also noticed Overwatch now pretty much causes System Hangs regardless of whatever power profile you use.

I will try out Balanced and Power Saver mode. Quite tired of all the crashing and time wasted.

Sorry if this comes across a rant, it's hard to not feel gutted after going through lengths to acquire something for a hefty price.

LATEST EDIT - It was the Fall Beta AMD driver which was causing all the crashes, I reverted back to 17.10 and am currently stable at 1632/1702 MHz @ 1140/1180 mV which gives an in-Superposition 4k optimized clocks of 1650-1670 MHz (Score = 6730), this is still quite less, I should not be crashing at Stock settings of 1667/1750 MHz.

Just saw the Forza Horizon video posted by Matt, definitely kinda confirms I got a faulty GPU, will escalate this on Monday :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
22555396_10159463372465176_4249371129721501171_o.jpg

My Winter heater.

Associate
It wasn't with Forza 3.

Hello Matt, may I request a Superposition 4k optimized preset score with the same settings you used in your Forza video?

I achieved a max of 7069 with 17.9.3 (the driver before 17.10), and scoring a stable 6707 on 17.10, this is with p7 - 1702 MHz @ 1190 mV (which barely crosses 1.15V in intensive games for some reason) and 1100 MHz HBM2.

If there isn't a big difference, I might aswell call it a day. What is an extra 60-80 MHz on the core getting you in terms of % fps?

Thanks for the videos :)

Sid

Back
Top Bottom