• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
OK, thanks for the info guys, always good to get some real life experience of the cards first.

Vega 64 performance looks pretty sweet now, should be some very nice gains over my Fury.

Associate
nakedvega.jpg

One for The Roll of Honour.

Caporegime
I just completed the Firestrike Ultra Stress Test with the settings below.
d913BNo.png

For anyone not in the know. The test runs the 1st sequence 20 times in a row and if frame rate fluctuates by more than 3% from run to run, the test fails. Peak wattage drawn from the GPU was 300W undervolted according to HWINFO64.

Soldato
Could anyone tell if use of WattMan's power profiles disables control of WattMan's settings or are those profiles more like presets?

With availability/pricing stabilized here in Finland considering getting Vega and would aim to optimize power efficiency.
Power Save profile would be good starting point for that, but if settings can't be adjusted further tweaking would require setting everything manually.

I very much doubt people using high end GPUs on obsolete motherboards is much of an issue (aside from the obvious bottleneck issue) :S
Performance wise PCI-e v2.0 wouldn't be likely that big hit.
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_Fury_X_PCI-Express_Scaling/18.html
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080_PCI_Express_Scaling/24.html
But considering PCI-e v3.0 was released in 2010 motherboard without it is about museum PC aged...

Permabanned
I'd personally err on the side of caution with an LC and make it 750w+ (and a platinum one at that).
I'd go higher, I bought an 850watt platinum and the LC model wantd more, I'm now on an air cooled V64 with an 850 watt platinum and it's fine, It seemed okay on the EVGA G2 650 watt gold I had installed when I put the air cooled Vega card in my rig but I grabbed another 850 to be safe.

Permabanned
Someones doing the LC for £914!!!! :eek: :D:D:D

The pricing's terrible, I'm guessing the non reference models will be just as expensive.
The only dislike I have for my Vega is the noise, When gaming the cards not only loud but fan speed goes up and down like a bloomin yoyo.
It's handling my 3440x1440 monitor nicely.
I got AC Origins a couple of days ago so that'll give it a good work out this weekend.

Associate
The pricing's terrible, I'm guessing the non reference models will be just as expensive.
The only dislike I have for my Vega is the noise, When gaming the cards not only loud but fan speed goes up and down like a bloomin yoyo.
It's handling my 3440x1440 monitor nicely.
I got AC Origins a couple of days ago so that'll give it a good work out this weekend.
I run mine on similar settings to the 950mv undervolt in the undervolting thread. Initially the fan spins up quite high but will settle to around 2400rpm which I find acceptable and still faster than the out of the box settings. 1050mv gives me some extra performance but the fan will be around 2800-2900 which is pretty rowdy.

Back
Top Bottom