Need help, need complete PC (not inc. O/S) for max £600....

Associate
Hiya, the son of a chap at work wants a gaming PC for Christmas

The £600 is a hard limit. I will get them a copy of Win 10.

The best i can come up with here is either a 3.4GHz Ryzen 3, 1TB HDD, GTX 1050 based PC + 24" Monitor,
Keyboard/Mouse combo & a good headset for £590 or a Kabylake 3.7GHz Pentium based system for £595.

They have been looking at a system on Amazon, it has a better GPU but a worse CPU (GTX 1050Ti & Athlon X4 840), the package is within their budget.

Can anyone come up with other options please?

Many thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Micky, thanks for your help, think the Steelseries headset is actually just a Band that sticks onto the inside.

I did see a headset for about £9 but it looks pretty fragile, a kid would break it fast (probably),
i opted for the Cougar Immersa headset instead in my workings out.

I will show your spec to the chap when i can & see what he thinks. Thanks again :)

Associate
Ask him for extra £100 because of things like the monitor it would help

Then add ssd and upgrade a few of the bits on micky list which is impressive really for the money

The budget is so limited you do not really have a choice but to go for things like £9 headset this will still beat anything you can get at retail by fair bit

Soldato
as above but

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £203.63 (includes shipping: £11.70)

works out overall £630 but much better board! better ram! speed does make a difference with ryzen and then case to suit . still with savings
the on board sound is greatly different too, so would help with a budget headset for sure
drop down to 500GB HDD to save £10 if needs be-

also, you'll qualify for free delivery! saving of £10+ there, just have it delivered there or call customer service to sort something out so its not in your name etc etc

they can always save up for SSD and clone the drive! rather have CPU and GPU power and be able to game whilst waiting a min or two to load ... hes young, not going to miss the time it takes for windows to load ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
edG & orbital, thanks for very much for your thoughts, will speak to them tonight but i think
extra dosh for better stuff just won't be possible. Will post back if it's possible :)

Associate
OP
Hiya, nope.

To be honest i didn't even ask after talking with them & their son.
I think the PC is kind of overkill anyway, will probably be used for CSGO & Garry's Mod etc for the next few years :D

Associate
For the games you mentioned a ryzen3 / 1050 will definately suffice. If possible try to fit in a 120gb SSD for the OS and 1-2 games, it really is the best performance boost you can get.

If you are on a very tight budget then you will have to shop around to find the best deals on each component, of course factor in any delivery costs.
If time is an issue then the prebuilt one would probably work.

eg:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...ffice-atx-pc-configurator-fs-012-tl.html#t=l2

Associate
OP
Thanks anyway all but it's all been bought already. They wanted new stuff.

Mostly based on mickyflinn's spec with a few changes due to availability/cost & looks :)

Thank you again Mickyflinn :)

Soldato
Thanks anyway all but it's all been bought already. They wanted new stuff.

Mostly based on mickyflinn's spec with a few changes due to availability/cost & looks :)

Thank you again Mickyflinn :)

Shame couldn't push them £20 for Gaming 3 , Ryzen really needs to be OC to get the best out of it and monies worth :)
Post up pics if you can

Associate
OP
It was £20 over as it was, due to ram going up a bit and they wanted a funkier, windowed case.

Also got the Asrock A320M Pro4. Also now has a Superflower 550W Platinum.

I will as long as everything works! Biting my nails over this one....

Associate
you could go with an APU on a 350 mb no gfx card required
I played Arma3 on my A10 APU without any real problems unless there was so much on screen so esports titles should be no problem and it leave the option of upgrading down the road when funds allow

Soldato
Hopefully stock Ryzen 1200 isn't to bad .
Not sure how A320 boards handle ram , some Ryzen chips can't run higher rams without overclock which seems weird or just done to the board .
Worth checking as building 3000 ram and not being able to run it would be a shame .
Not sure if a320 chipset locks to default ram speed like Intel does with theirs ?

Man of Honour
It was £20 over as it was, due to ram going up a bit and they wanted a funkier, windowed case.

Also got the Asrock A320M Pro4. Also now has a Superflower 550W Platinum.

I will as long as everything works! Biting my nails over this one....

Hi Little*Freak im sure it will work fine, the only thing that may be a problem is that the motherboard may need a bios update to take the cpu so if you build it and it doesnt boot it's more than likely that.

The Asrock A320M Pro4 does support dram overclocking i just checked the manual but you cant overclock the cpu on A320 chipset.

Soldato
Hi Little*Freak im sure it will work fine, the only thing that may be a problem is that the motherboard may need a bios update to take the cpu so if you build it and it doesnt boot it's more than likely that.

The Asrock A320M Pro4 does support dram overclocking i just checked the manual but you cant overclock the cpu on A320 chipset.

Does it support USB flashing like other vendors and higher tier ASRock boards without CPU installed ? Not into ASRock info another brands .
Hopefully stock should be running boards with bios version that support lower Ryzen , but not sure how well a320 boards have been selling .
If not it's a right pain getting it flashed :(

Back
Top Bottom