• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I’ve just ordered a laptop with the 1080 card in it and I’m making an assumption that with these the driver is exactly the same one as for the desktop considering I can’t see a listing that mentions laptop in the driver search page. Am I right?

Soldato
I’ve just ordered a laptop with the 1080 card in it and I’m making an assumption that with these the driver is exactly the same one as for the desktop considering I can’t see a listing that mentions laptop in the driver search page. Am I right?

As far as I know Nvidia's drivers are unified, But to be on the safe side select GeForce and then GeForce 10 series Notebook, Then 1080.

Soldato
Still using 375.57 here on my overclocked 980Ti. Any need to update? Seem perfectly stable at 1455core boost / 4000mem
Depending on how important it is to you the latest drivers include updates that tighten security against Spectre, which was my main reason for upgrading. As I understand it there is no issue with the hardware but Nvidia believe there could be a security weakness in communicating with vulnerable CPUs at driver level so have sought to address that.

Soldato
I haven't really been following bug fix progression lately. Have they addressed the issue where a vertical sliver from the middle of your screen is placed on the left or right side?

maj

maj

Soldato
Since updating to newest drivers, I am unable to get overlay in GFE working. Same for anyone else? It's disabled in settings and won't enable.

Soldato
Nobody having issues with Firefox Quantum and the drivers? https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/7e9l3p/firefox_quantum_keeps_crashing_nvidia_display/

"This is caused by Release 385.69 and newer. R385.41 is the last Geforce Driver which was firefox stable."

I have had it.

Work machine. Win 7 x64 and a Gefore 610 (latest drivers) no issues.
Home PC has an AMD HD6450 and no issues on that either.

Try going back a driver version. I'm sure Eventual either Nvidia or Mozilla will fix it.

V F

V F

Soldato
It was happening even on 388.59/388.71 and 390.65. Currently went back to 385.41 last night.

Twitch triggers it very easily on the newer drivers.

Man of Honour
I have not had any problems with the latest Firefox on either of the last two drivers from Nvidia. I strip the drivers down, get rid of all the bloatware and only install the actual driver and physx though so don't know if that makes a difference or not.

V F

V F

Soldato
I have not had any problems with the latest Firefox on either of the last two drivers from Nvidia. I strip the drivers down, get rid of all the bloatware and only install the actual driver and physx though so don't know if that makes a difference or not.

It doesn't.

Soldato
Seems a recent update (NVidia drivers/Windows) now means my PC no longer enters idle state. ie: My PC is never idle so things like my screensaver no longer get kicked off after X minutes.

I luckily spotted a post elsewhere (after 4hrs of trying to work out the cause) and it seems the Game Overlay option (now) creates this issue. I've always had this enabled so this problem is a recent one.

Here's the screenshot someone else reporting the problem posted to confirm the option responsible.

GJxmdic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom