Audi owners in here!

Associate
Gutted, my brother has been on a hunt for a new/nearly new RS6 Performance for about a couple of months now. Finally found a new unregistered one with the spec etc he wanted. He put a deposit down on it last weekend and was going in today to sign the paperwork.

He's been so excited all week, got to the dealer today for them to bring him into a room and give him the bad news. The dealer that has the car has sold it to another dealership (outside of their group), even after multiple phone calls last weekend to confirm it was still available and to advise them it has been sold. He's gutted, they've advised there is nothing they can do but to refund his deposit.

The worst part is that he passed up another very similar car due to putting a deposit down on this one. That one has now sold too :(

Soldato
Gutted, my brother has been on a hunt for a new/nearly new RS6 Performance for about a couple of months now. Finally found a new unregistered one with the spec etc he wanted. He put a deposit down on it last weekend and was going in today to sign the paperwork.

He's been so excited all week, got to the dealer today for them to bring him into a room and give him the bad news. The dealer that has the car has sold it to another dealership (outside of their group), even after multiple phone calls last weekend to confirm it was still available and to advise them it has been sold. He's gutted, they've advised there is nothing they can do but to refund his deposit.

The worst part is that he passed up another very similar car due to putting a deposit down on this one. That one has now sold too :(

He can afford an RS6. My sympathy has limits ;)

Associate
It does. Whether or not the dealership will find proof you’ve used one however is up in the air. It is however morally wrong to claim you’ve not modded the car when going in to get something fixed under warranty that might have been caused by the extra stresses caused by the tuning box.

Dealers CAN find out you’ve been using a tuning box though, through looking at historic sensor readings and comparing them to known good values for the environment and operating conditions. There have also been reports of warranty claims being denied due to marks on the plugs/sockets used that the boxes connect to, and through finding evidence of where the tuning box was physically located. Will they go to this much effort for a warranty claim worth a few hundred quid, probably not. Will they dig deeper if you end up needing a new short block or transmission, running in multiple thousands of pounds? Most likely.

Long post shortened, if you value your warranty, don’t tune either through box or remap.

It's easy to find, ECU scan on highest sensor readings is a slight give away when they are way more then stock ha on newer cars anyway

Associate
I was thinking wrapping if done professionally would look decent?
It was done professionally and was pretty good for the most part. The majority of people wouldn't have noticed the minor imperfections, but I did want it perfect and guess it never was gonna be. Issues I had were very small raised bumps where "debris" was underneath the vinyl, the pattern of the plastic underneath was showing through a little and some of the more intricate areas (most have been difficult to do actually) were slightly out of alignment. This was on an F10 though and I think the trim parts of the Audi would lend itself better to a wrap as they smoother and no real intricate parts.

Soldato
Well after getting the prices for my services and other work my 57 plate A4 I have decided its done for, just not worth it any more to me. (needs cam belt, major service, pads and disks all round, 2 tyres and has an engine oil leak (possibly around the turbo) and a engine mount leaking).

So using some fantastic man maths and my wifes new job (she now pays the council tax and utilities) I now have just purchased myself my first ever brand new car, (I've always got ex-demos before but they just arent that good a deal now)

S5 soft top, I officially have embraced my mid forties. Had a 4 month build time but they had a car in stock that was 98% what i wanted that i can have on 1st March basically the only thing i aint got i wanted was the rear parking cam, and I got some things i didnt want but i got them discounted (£300 for a can of red spray paint on the brakes not paying for that).

So I will now be driving an automatic convertible 2 things that 5 years ago i would have sworn i would never do. Odds it rains every day in March?

Associate
Heading off to Audi West London today.
Looking for an A1 1.4 s line 13 to 16k
Qq. Is the new 2017 engine a lot better than the 2014 models?
Also there's a 2013 black edition 185 bhp with 18 inch alloys s tronic for 16k. Worth it?

Did you buy your A1 in the end just wondered what you paid and if it's worth me selling private.

Just took my 16 plate 1.4 150 A1 Black Edition to local Audi dealer, We changing for a A3 Black Edition Saloon. Got offered just under £16k for it.

Associate
Wow 16 plate black edition!
My budget was 15k in the end as I didnt want finance.
Managed to get a 2014 1.4 s line s tronic for 14.5k with 500 quid off.
TBH yours is prob worth 17k so dont think theyve undercut too much.

Associate
nMDRVn
Hello Chaps, I was wondering if anybody could help me, had a warning light the bulb on my Audi A5 2012 Sline 3.0 tdi looks like the bulb needs replacing. I went to the local garage that I use and they asked audi for the replacement bulb and it was extortionate price. Could somebody link me to a replacement as i rather buy it my self and pay the labor charge. All i was told it was a Q3 bulb, my car has xenon lights. I have attached the picture if anybody could help. Thanks ! Just worried i might buy the wrong one https://imgur.com/a/XAvLJ

Caporegime
nMDRVn
Hello Chaps, I was wondering if anybody could help me, had a warning light the bulb on my Audi A5 2012 Sline 3.0 tdi looks like the bulb needs replacing. I went to the local garage that I use and they asked audi for the replacement bulb and it was extortionate price. Could somebody link me to a replacement as i rather buy it my self and pay the labor charge. All i was told it was a Q3 bulb, my car has xenon lights. I have attached the picture if anybody could help. Thanks ! Just worried i might buy the wrong one https://imgur.com/a/XAvLJ

You need part number N 10721805

It's a D3S bulb.

Caporegime
In theory, yes. In practice who knows, at least Philips is a reputable brand! However, to ensure that the light output is the same left/right, and the colour temperature is also the same, you should replace them in pairs.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Random Q of the day: Would running a ~2014 1.4/1.8TFSI S-Tronic (in an A1/A3) without a warranty be a stupid thing to do?

Caporegime
I wouldn’t say it’s a daft thing to do, but take advantage of the cheaper purchase price by not buying inside the dealer network, and keep a slush fund for repairs.

The wife’s 1.4 DSG Polo has been run daily for a year and a half with no warranty, and so far with no issues.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Good to know. Purely hypothetical anyway as current-gen A3s and powerful A1 prices are still way too high to justify as a 2nd car.

Even Golfs and Polos with 150bhp are silly prices. Bloody VAG!

Back
Top Bottom