Audi owners in here!

Thoughts on the new A7 interior. Too many touch screens and that centre screen implementation looks wrong -The ledge it has created is enough to be a table.
I would rather have a stuck on screen and real buttons.

26495247218_02bf66a955.jpg

Had a play in one at a recent motorshow - very high quality, as you'd expect from Audi. It's a lovely place to be. The placement of the screen is not a problem due to virtual cockpit.

Went to have a look at the new A8 yesterday
Wasn't in the showroom apparently a lot of people have been test driving so didn't put in the showroom (the dealer only has 1 car ?)

Interior definitely a step up over the D4 however IMO a little too much piano black
Personally liked the design though and the 2 screens were v easy to use though not sure my dad will adapt quickly to 3 screens (virtual cockpit, ventilation and main screen!) as he just about knows how to use the D4 stuff

I have been thinking of small first mods for thr a5 I can pick up prior to collecting it. Was considering a set of silver mirror caps from a s5 but wasn't sure if it would look like I was trying to look like I had a s5. Managed to get a genuine set of Audi carbon mirror caps for a good price which if look no good in expect I can resell without loss. I think they will look quite subtle though on a grey car.

Also got some spacers to push the wheels out slightly as they seem quite lost in the arches.

Thoughts on the new A7 interior. Too many touch screens and that centre screen implementation looks wrong -The ledge it has created is enough to be a table.
I would rather have a stuck on screen and real buttons.

It looks far too busy, too much going on for me. My Mk3 TT is pretty minimal compared to that, infact there is not much in the middle as everything is on the virtual cockpit. Im not sure why a car needs so many screens haha

Finally got the order number from Audi. They still reckon end of March, early April is possible.

Was my colour of choice but with the discount i got for buying a stock unregistered car and the much quicker delivery I gave up on it and went Mythos Black with Red seats.

My old A4 was a Misano Red with the black optic pack and ive loved it for the last 9 years the colour holds really well with age as well.

Audi told me I was looking at 14 weeks minimum if i ordered one now, (S5 Cab) that said he could have just been trying to shift his stock but I'm happy with my discount and swapping red for back and missing out on the parking rear cam is ok.

Just took me 2 hours to find my v5 ready to trade in the old one next week. was tucked in the stereo manual in the end.

They did check to see what they had in stock , but there was nothing that matched. I’m in no mega rush so I was happy to wait for my own spec.

Was back and forth over the colour. Originally order Mythos black before changing.

Be really sad to see my little 135i go. Has been a lovely car.

Last edited:
Thinking of a Q5 to replace the Polo, seem to get good road tests. Anyone got one?
The only experience I've had was as a passenger in the 2.0 4cyl version. Interior was great but the engine REALLY let it down (although we'd just been out in the 6cyl Q7 so it was more evident). I think if I were in the market I'd only consider the larger engine, but then if it's just to get you to the station then I'm sure it would be more than enough.

The only experience I've had was as a passenger in the 2.0 4cyl version. Interior was great but the engine REALLY let it down (although we'd just been out in the 6cyl Q7 so it was more evident). I think if I were in the market I'd only consider the larger engine, but then if it's just to get you to the station then I'm sure it would be more than enough.

They do a 260bhp 4Cyl which is the one I am thinking about. I like the higher up thing for towing but frankly an estate car is probably more sensible and more me for this use case.

hmm...so if you pour water down where the door meets the body, where does it sit if you open the door? Maybe there are some draining holes which are blocked and I cannot see...
It doesn’t end up inside the car that’s for sure.

If I’m washing the car with the pressure washer there’s sometimes water on the sill plates on the outside.

Back
Top Bottom