B&W PX, Bose QC35, Sony MDR, or Bose QC30

Soldato
Well, I got a pair of B&W PX at the weekend.

Gave em a good listen over bluetooth, USB and straight into my amp, really liked the sound (I've got a lot of B&W gear, I'm familiar with the sound).

Got to work this morning, they sound absolutely awful. Eventually figure out it's my glasses (I only wear em for computer work). The arms break the ear seal, and the sound just dies, bass and low mids disappear. Completely useless. Common problem after googling.

Back to the rainforest they go.

Really don't like the Bose sound so might go with the Sony's, or stick with my P5s for now.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
I'm close to taking the plunge on the 1000mx2 given the prices are coming down with the mx3s being out now/very shortly.

Has anyone had issues with reported creaking and cracking on the 1000mx or 1000mx2?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
My 1000XM2 have been fine, no creaking or cracking to report.

Sony 1000XM3 are now out, so these are worth looking at.

Soldato
Tried both, XM2s had far better sound quality for my tastes so i got those back in April. Already have the XM3s on order, not in stock at the moment though. You just have to try them for yourself. Everyone is different.

Soldato
I've got the original mdr and not been disappointed.

Wore them on 8 hour flights to and from carribean and were excellent. "Drowned out" the plane totally. Sound quality is good too.

Man of Honour
Still loving my original MDR's but I only use them for short tube trips. But when I do they make everything so much more pleasant.

Caporegime
My 1000XM2 have been fine, no creaking or cracking to report.

Sony 1000XM3 are now out, so these are worth looking at.

I posted in the apple iPhone xs thread here as I was in a dilemma about buying the Bose QC35s or the new Sony 1000m3 mentioned above in the video.

I snagged a pair of the Sony from JL, I know a person who gets staff discount and then decided to try the Bose QC35s as well as having tried them in store, I did like them.

Should hopefully have them tomo, I’ve been using the Sony ones and they are absolutely immense. But before I make up my mind I’m going to try the Bose ones out and see how they sound compared to the Sony ones. They both come in at the same price point but from what I have experienced myself the noise cancelling on the Sony are superb. Not really sure how the NC on the Bose stack up. But I’ll be soon finding out v

Soldato
I posted in the apple iPhone xs thread here as I was in a dilemma about buying the Bose QC35s or the new Sony 1000m3 mentioned above in the video.

I snagged a pair of the Sony from JL, I know a person who gets staff discount and then decided to try the Bose QC35s as well as having tried them in store, I did like them.

Should hopefully have them tomo, I’ve been using the Sony ones and they are absolutely immense. But before I make up my mind I’m going to try the Bose ones out and see how they sound compared to the Sony ones. They both come in at the same price point but from what I have experienced myself the noise cancelling on the Sony are superb. Not really sure how the NC on the Bose stack up. But I’ll be soon finding out v

Hey,

I'm very interested to hear your thoughts because Amazon have literally just refunded me for my Sony WH-1000XM2s because they don't automatically reconnect to either of my phones, and apparently it's a common issue.

Have you tested if the XM3s automatically reconnect every time the headphones are in range of your audio device?

Last edited:
Caporegime
@Yas786, have you had a chance to test if the XM3s automatically reconnect when your phone is in range? I've asked on Amazon's product page but haven't had a response yet.
Hey sorry bud, was meant to get back to you. Ermm yeh my 1000mx3 had a few issues when I got it, they wouldn’t charge and the NC didn’t work at all. So got a dud, I’ve taken them back to get them exchanged but problem is JL got stock today so I probably won’t be able to get hold of them until I get back in a weeks time as I’m off on holiday. I’ve had to return the Bose ones I was going to test, only because by the time I get back the refund period would have expired.

Sorry about that bud.

Soldato
Evening all,

Picked up a pair of Bose QC35 ii this weekend, but having a major issue with lip sync lag when using them over Bluetooth from my TV (LG OLED series 8).

From my limited research, some say all Bluetooth headphones suffer form this but to varying degrees. Is this true? Is the issue down to purely the headphones or does the Bluetooth of the TV and it's supported codecs also play a part?

I'm asking as I'm considering returning them for the Sony 1000MX3s.

Many thanks,
Mark

Soldato
I have QC35's, streaming from my phone and laptop I've never had any issues with lip sync.

Might be worth trying some other devices, could be the TV.

I tested on my phone using YouTube and there wasn't any lip sync issue but then again, the lip sync issues with the TV aren't consistent. The problem isn't always there and the lag can range from slightly out to embarrassingly bad. Not sure if I tested YouTube on my phone for long enough.

However, there's some reports on the web I've found where even the Sony 1000MX3s also have an issue on another LG 2018 set, so I'm starting to think it's the TV.

Apparently you can connect another Bluetooth transmitter, get the TV to output PCM to the transmitter and this improves the lag to acceptable levels.

Soldato
Hey sorry bud, was meant to get back to you. Ermm yeh my 1000mx3 had a few issues when I got it, they wouldn’t charge and the NC didn’t work at all. So got a dud, I’ve taken them back to get them exchanged but problem is JL got stock today so I probably won’t be able to get hold of them until I get back in a weeks time as I’m off on holiday. I’ve had to return the Bose ones I was going to test, only because by the time I get back the refund period would have expired.

Sorry about that bud.

Hey, no need to apologise :)

It looks like the XM3s are difficult to get hold of at the moment. I sent my XM2s back today so I've gone back to using my old DJing headphones (Sennheiser HD25-1 II) and they really show how good the XM2s were at blocking noise out!

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the XM3s.

Back
Top Bottom