B&W PX, Bose QC35, Sony MDR, or Bose QC30

Soldato
Had the XM3 a couple of weeks now, very happy with them. I bought the B&W PX a while back but they put me off wireless headphones tbh. Glad I gave em another chance with the Sonys. I'm one of those people that grumbles about 3.5mm sockets disappearing from phones...but these cans are finally proof that wireless has matured.

* They are very light, much lighter than the PX
* They are very comfortable, much more so than the PX
* Sound quality is better than the PX
* Battery lasts forever
* Battery charges very fast
* They fit and sound just as good with glasses, over a baseball cap, and over a beanie. (PX's are *completely* useless in these cases),
* I like the understated, plain look of them.

Only minor gripe is they don't work via USB, and the NC struggles a little in windy conditions.

When I tried the PX, I was really disappointed with the sound, considering the price they were no better than my B&W P3s, which cost a fraction of the price. The XM3s are markedly better, and louder to boot. The XM3 is a big step up from the XM1 in terms of sound as well, particularly the bottom end which is all mushy on the 1s.

Soldato
Anyone bought a bluetooth adapter for using with headphones?

I've been using the sony's paired to my surface, works well, would be good to get a bluetooth dongle for the desktop so I can use them. Seems to be a minefield trying to find the right adapter though...

Soldato
Having my heart set on the QC35’s for a few months and waiting for Christmas gift money to treat myself I went and listened to them again just before Christmas and thought I’d try the XM3’s for a laugh as they were a good chunk more expensive and reviews were close.

No chance can I live with the QC35’s after having tested the XM3’s, They sound much better imo. Only thing I’d hand to the QC35’s is a slight comfort advantage.

Going to pick up a pair of XM3’s this weekend as long as I can find some in stock locally.

Soldato
The XM3s are a good step up sound quality size. They sound significantly better than the B&W...and much better than the XM1.

Bose gear never sounds anything close to neutral. I don't know how anyone stands them. My 100quid B&W P3s sound vastly better than the QC...

Associate
Anyone bought a bluetooth adapter for using with headphones?

I've been using the sony's paired to my surface, works well, would be good to get a bluetooth dongle for the desktop so I can use them. Seems to be a minefield trying to find the right adapter though...

I bought a cheap one from the rainforest and it works fine with my B&W PX. Order History says it was an LMTECH. The design now looks different to the model I have, although I suspect the internals are the same.

Back
Top Bottom