*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Apart from the campaign Revelations has something called Raid Mode where you can solo or co-op through scenarios (usually variants of levels from the main story) where you are rewarded with harder levels and points/XP for unlocking new weapons, characters and items. It is very addictive and adds a ton of replayability to the games. Trying to get a Perfect on every level is not easy but it's great fun trying. The gyro aiming is very handy as well because without it it is very difficult to aim.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apart from the campaign Revelations has something called Raid Mode where you can solo or co-op through scenarios (usually variants of levels from the main story) where you are rewarded with harder levels and points/XP for unlocking new weapons, characters and items. It is very addictive and adds a ton of replayability to the games. Trying to get a Perfect on every level is not easy but it's great fun trying. The gyro aiming is very handy as well because without it it is very difficult to aim.

I think that's sold me on it! Is 2 a direct follow up? I remember it being episodic when it first launched elsewhere, seemed an odd approach

Soldato
I think 2 is a completely different timeline to the first. I only played it for a few hours so I didn't get much sense of what was going on - I need to return to it soon. I just played some Raid Mode in the car at lunchtime - my post above whetted my appetite and I really wanted to play it again. My aim was a bit off because I've not played it for awhile but yeah great fun!

Soldato
I think 2 is a completely different timeline to the first. I only played it for a few hours so I didn't get much sense of what was going on - I need to return to it soon. I just played some Raid Mode in the car at lunchtime - my post above whetted my appetite and I really wanted to play it again. My aim was a bit off because I've not played it for awhile but yeah great fun!

Thanks I think ill stick to just the original for now then, the raid mode sounds fun! How do saves work during the campaign? Typewriter style or save anywhere?

Associate
I will get LA Noire one day but even in the sale it's still a bit pricey. I'll probably get the cart when I do get it to lessen the download size. £25 in CeX second hand.

Switch Smash Bros. tournament arranged for E3 in June so we'll get to see it in action well before it's released.

I'm sure LA Noire has gone for £25 new a few times recently.

Soldato
Picked up Steam World 2 in spite of the reports of it being fairly short. It's so far a really high quality polished game :) probably about 2 hours in and the gameplay loop is really compelling

Associate
got the first one on Saturday and after 8 hours of gameplay i am at the final boss. bit short but for 4 quid it’s worth it. Nice game overall!

Soldato
got the first one on Saturday and after 8 hours of gameplay i am at the final boss. bit short but for 4 quid it’s worth it. Nice game overall!
Not bad, tbh I have paid more for less

You're about twenty percent through if you're aiming for a hundred percent completion.

Thanks, it's a shame that it's so short as it feels great to play so far. I try to liken some indie game lengths/costs to that of a cinema ticket. Me and my parter nearly went the other day but £12.50 each now just put us off as we didn't desperately want to see the film. But that aside £12.50 for 2 hours entertainment vs that of £10 for a short-ish game sometimes makes me feel better about my regretful purchase :D ;)

Back
Top Bottom