**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Chrome Power Armour is FREE right now on Creation Club. 1st time its ever been free so grab it as its a limited time offer.

Soldato
Is my FO4 install suddenly borked?

After 100's of hours playing I have just encountered the bug where you cannot enter a Vault with the Pipboy (first time at V81 in this instance) and lose VATS. I've tried a console command fix found on the Steam & Gamefaqs forum but it hasn't worked. I've tried loading an older save but the problem persists.

I guess the next step is a file verify, failing that a complete uninstall and reinstall.

The only mod I have running is the "Better Commonwealth" which adds grass and foliage to the desolate landscape.

Any suggestions, please?

Soldato
Is my FO4 install suddenly borked?

After 100's of hours playing I have just encountered the bug where you cannot enter a Vault with the Pipboy (first time at V81 in this instance) and lose VATS. I've tried a console command fix found on the Steam & Gamefaqs forum but it hasn't worked. I've tried loading an older save but the problem persists.

I guess the next step is a file verify, failing that a complete uninstall and reinstall.

The only mod I have running is the "Better Commonwealth" which adds grass and foliage to the desolate landscape.

Any suggestions, please?
Is that not more a drive issue? I recall a couple of years back, literally how long I've been playing, I had an issue with an AMD driver update... I had bits missing all over the place :(

Have you upgraded or updated lately?

Soldato
Is that not more a drive issue? I recall a couple of years back, literally how long I've been playing, I had an issue with an AMD driver update... I had bits missing all over the place :(

Have you upgraded or updated lately?

Not to my knowledge and not since I'd last played though I wouldn't put it past Nvidia to slip a silent update under the wire. I'll make that my first port of call then if all else fails, reinstall.

Soldato
Preston Garvey really hates me...

On current playthrough decided to engage with the Minutemen rather than ignore as on the last several.

So at around L5 the first quest I get from PG is to fetch Jake and the sword from Saugus Ironworks, for Finch Farm. Just managed to complete at around L22, after spamming and scrapping about 1500 fenceposts to raise my XP.

First settlement building location was Hangman's Alley, well could have been Zimonga I guess. Not gone there yet.

After handing off the Saugus quest no surprise the next help mission is to kill the Raiders at Dunwich Borers. He is already nagging about the Castle, which is where I've sent him for the time being until I level up a bit more.

Only playing on medium difficulty and not using survival but surprised the game is generating the tougher locations - the whole point of Minutemen and settlements in the early game is to build up your XP and early levelling of basic skills before moving on to the more challenging areas and missions.

Soldato
Sound like you are going into high levelled area. Follow this map here:

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Fallout-4-Map.png

Shows you the levels of each zone. As soon as you step one foot in square. It will lock enemies at the level you are closest too for that square in the map. The higher the level the enemy the more XP you get.

I understand all that - this is around my 12th playthrough. Followed more or less the same course as previous but just seems to have generated the tougher radiants at a much earlier level.

Might also be a bit of perception (mine, not the game) as first time playing without mods for a while. Last few times I've had that ridiculously O/P PTRS-41 Type 76 anti power armour rifle from the getgo which, on reflection, totally unbalanced the early game, at least until enemies started shooting back at you with it! This time I'm trying to do a pure unmodded playthrough, other than as mentioned the one which gives a bit of greenery around the place.

Soldato
Mmm you can ruin this game with mods and using power armour, best guns etc

I find the game far more enjoyable playing a "themed" character.

Also don't get me wrong, some of the mods are awesome, but you really have to use self control with them and keep everything balanced.

Try playing on survival, don't use power armour. I went through the game with a mod that turns the enemy damage up 400% and war on the commonwealth to spawn bad guys everywhere, now that'll teach you a thing or two :)

I think FO4 is one of the best games I've ever played though.

Soldato
I think FO4 is one of the best games I've ever played though.

It probably ranks up there with GTA SA as my most played game! If only Beth would do one more round of bug squashing before throwing resources at 76, in particular the loading time entering and leaving buildings. Occasionally 3 or 4 minutes which is crazy. Sadly the only unofficial fix I found removes the FPS cap which then makes it impossible to do lockpicking.

Associate
It probably ranks up there with GTA SA as my most played game! If only Beth would do one more round of bug squashing before throwing resources at 76, in particular the loading time entering and leaving buildings. Occasionally 3 or 4 minutes which is crazy. Sadly the only unofficial fix I found removes the FPS cap which then makes it impossible to do lockpicking.

Have you tried Load Accelerator? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10283/

It removes the FPS cap but only during loading screens. Loading times are now very short for me and lock picking is fine.

Soldato
in particular the loading time entering and leaving buildings. Occasionally 3 or 4 minutes which is crazy. Sadly the only unofficial fix I found removes the FPS cap which then makes it impossible to do lockpicking.
Xbox 1X version is the fix for loading times they are instant now when leaving or re-entering most building's. Also more of the game stays in X1X Ram as the build is designed around it being higher than PC or just better optimisation. Newer X1X build than PC I own both bought the Xbox 1X purely to get the newer Fallout 4 build. Can confirm the Fallout 4 X1X enhanced 4K version looks slightly better than vanilla PC @ 4K. Mainly due to sharper textures, newer shader FX & way faster loading times! Vanilla Water FX look a lot better on X1X now than PC.

Soldato
Captain Cosmos - Creation Club quest is 50% off until end of the month. You get 2 new space suits (3 if you follow the secret quest... ;)) and 1 new weapon. I know its CC content but its still a decent mini quest. Shame Bethesda decided to ditch Fallout 4 & finish the originally scrapped MP component instead (a.k.a Fallout 76! :rolleyes: ).

Back
Top Bottom