**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
At 4k no a single 1080 isn't powerful anuf at 1080p yes but not at 4k
GTX1080 is easily powerful enough @ 4K I have been running the game that way with the High Rez textures for years. You need 16Gb Ram though & either an SSD or SSD-HD Hybrid drive with all the game data installed on to let it steam data ingame smoothly.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
love the rise of the commonwealth update for sim settlements

whoever designed the settlement at Hangmans alley is a crafty genius to cram so much in on so many levels

I love the fact they level up and get more elaborate..the water processing plant at sunshine tidings is huge!

Associate
I will have to revisit this, I played it when it first came out but was disappointed at how quickly I finished it and didn't think the end was that good.
I would have liked to play through again but taking my level with me but couldn't see an option to do this so I gave up.

Soldato
Well, that big Windows Update few weeks ago, has totally broken my Fallout 4 modded game.

Soon as it loads in, it freezes and crashes without error, last time it crashed and froze my entire PC while giving a loud audio pitch. Strangely, am able to load a old save where am inside a vault, but the moment, I leave it, it crashes.

Update:

Just did a fresh install of Fallout 4, no mods or anything else, just normal ole Fallout 4. Soon as I finish the character editing and the game gives me control to move around, it crashes.

Skyrim SE works fine.

But Fallout 4 and Skyrim are so broken.

Thinking of resetting Windows or doing a fresh install of it to get rid all the extra crap that the update has given me.

Makes me really angry, for 2 whole years, my PC has been the most stable it has ever been.

Soldato
Well, that big Windows Update few weeks ago, has totally broken my Fallout 4 modded game.

Soon as it loads in, it freezes and crashes without error, last time it crashed and froze my entire PC while giving a loud audio pitch. Strangely, am able to load a old save where am inside a vault, but the moment, I leave it, it crashes.

Update:

Just did a fresh install of Fallout 4, no mods or anything else, just normal ole Fallout 4. Soon as I finish the character editing and the game gives me control to move around, it crashes.

Skyrim SE works fine.

Thinking of resetting Windows or doing a fresh install of it to get rid all the extra crap that the update has given me.

Makes me really angry, for 2 whole years, my PC has been the most stable it has ever been.

It's also broken my Fallout 3 install as well, freezes every couple of minutes.....

FTM

FTM

Soldato
just put a zombie mod in that increases the ghouls in built up areas..they react far more aggressively to non silenced gun shots and swarm you really quickly!

theres a lot of running away involved or looking for high spots!

along with darker nights, true storms and a new moon and night sky its makes it a lot more scary at night in towns

Man of Honour
just put a zombie mod in that increases the ghouls in built up areas..they react far more aggressively to non silenced gun shots and swarm you really quickly!

along with darker nights, true storms and a new moon and night sky its makes it a lot more scary at night in towns

That sounds like fun!

Soldato
It's also broken my Fallout 3 install as well, freezes every couple of minutes.....

I'm so glad, it's not just me. I'm really happy.

If it's also broken your Fallout 3 install? Does that mean, it's also broken other things?

I have to check my Fallout 3 and NV installations, see if they broken.

It's really weird how these games have been affected, but Skyrim SE and others are fine. (I think it's doing weird things to PUBG, it's blurry full screen, but in full screen windowed, it's not blurry.)

Soldato

Update:

Skyrim SE works fine.

Perhaps mine is crashing due to a Windows update, same place as yours it crashes. The only way to fix it was not use MSI Afterburner and also use ENB effects

Soldato

Would that be this mod by any chance?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20485 - Zombie Walkers

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Would that be this mod by any chance?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20485 - Zombie Walkers

no I use one called the running dead. True storms also has a feature that can spawn ghouls/zombies during a radstorm (even right on settlements if you want the fights) and the running dead doesn't interfere with this

it comes with multiple esp's that will convert just about everything in the world to a zombie, but I just disabled them all as I like to see other factions fighting ghoul hordes as well

Soldato
The Spectre/Meltdown patches affect I/O performance,and DF saw that some open world games like The Witcher 3 were affected the most,so its no wonder FO4 performance is affected if you have mods - I noticed performance drops after the patch too,especially in settlements. Regarding the crashing,I started having that more and more and found uninstalling War of the Commonwealth fixed it,even though it was mostly fine before.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
The Spectre/Meltdown patches affect I/O performance,and DF saw that some open world games like The Witcher 3 were affected the most,so its no wonder FO4 performance is affected if you have mods - I noticed performance drops after the patch too,especially in settlements. Regarding the crashing,I started having that more and more and found uninstalling War of the Commonwealth fixed it,even though it was mostly fine before.

yeah war of the commonwealth seemed to have scripting errors

something like Endless War is much better

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Are there any essential mods for this as I may start a playthrough after fc5?

its a difficult question...everybody has their favourites that they couldn't play without

some are just simple quality of life mods

stuff like the whole CBBE and looks menus side of things are just window dressing..they are not needed...but they do help if you want to have changes for npc's or companions ( I use wasteland heroines replacers..but its only so after multiple playthroughs you are not looking at the same people over and over again..plus they are generally of better quality than the originals)

I use loads of weapons mods just to keep things fresh ( doombased weapons merged is my favourite) but there are super quality single weapon mods (g36, ak5c, krebs ak, ru556)

general rule of thumb...look at the nexus categories and filter for most downloaded or endorsed....generally the cream rises to the top and the most downloaded mods are the most useful.

true storms, darker nights and a directional torch mod are essential I would say for just lifting the overall atmosphere..after that its how you want to play... sim settlements takes the hassle of of building whilst still keeping it interesting, you can be as hands on..or off as you want and its a lovely touch seeing the settlements grow without having to build everything for them

in the vanilla game you didn't have a choice..you had to house feed and water them and it could be a pain if you really didn't want to play that part of the game. With sim settlements and rise of the commonwealth you can still do that if you want, but you can let them get on with it ( I use city leaders pack as you really don't have enough companions to go round

and if you want to keep revisiting settlements..I use better settlers which varies greatly their looks, clothing and equipment

also mods that turn off irritating radiant quests such as stuff from the minutemen and settlements attacks...they just get in the way of questing

we are the minutemen and militarised minutemen also provide more life and atmosphere around the settlements

but everybody will be running something different..and each will have their favourites

theres plenty of you tube footage of mods to decide if they are for you...mxr, juicehead and oxhorn seem to be the most viewed on you tube

and if you want to keep it simple..avoid things that need f4se (fallout 4 script extender) as everytime they update fallout 4 this breaks and you have to wait for it to be updated..its not a deal breaker as they generally get it done within 24 hours

anything to do with body or looks usually needs a whole raft of other smaller mods to make them work properly

Soldato
Still finding new locations after 2.5 years up to 391 :eek:

Yep,the world is quite densely packed.

yeah war of the commonwealth seemed to have scripting errors

something like Endless War is much better

Apparently a new version called Spawns of the Commonwealth is being made - I might check out Endless War but I suspect like War of the Commonwealth it will cause a very high CPU load too.

Are there any essential mods for this as I may start a playthrough after fc5?

I recently restarted another playthrough of Fallout 4 taking advantage of some of the newer mods,so if you want a list I can give you one,but FTM has listed a number of the good ones.

Back
Top Bottom