Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Very nice Geekman, good luck with its reliability. How are the prices of euro cars like that in Mexico?

SUV wise, virtually the same as the U.K. - these go from £7k-£10k, I paid £9.2K for this one. Barges for some reason are vastly more expensive - a 2009 S Class is still £20k, 2005 XJR £15k etc. Rams, Escalades etc are cheap but tend to be owned by the kind of people who own old Range Rovers in the U.K. - I never managed to find a decent example.

Good to see you learnt from the Audi experience, oh wait :D

Well I was hardly going to go out and buy a Micra was I? :p

I did look at getting an approved used F10/CTS, putting £15k down and the rest as a loan, but the warranties here aren’t worth the paper they’re written on - almost everything is classed as wear and tear, which when you see the state of the roads, is fair enough really. Paying off a loan and still potentially being hit with huge bills every few months didn’t seem worth it to me.

For example, I can get an air shock for the RRS for about £250, a set of front discs and pads for £200 - parts are plentiful as there’s loads in the US. I can also easily fit a lot of stuff myself as it’s the same process as on my XJR - as it’s an older car, there’s not many huge bills left.

It’s still a risk, of course, but I have another car which I can use day to day, so if something does go badly wrong it’s not the end of the world. I’ll post any issues I have on here so you can all say I told you so. :D

Soldato
My new daily, I believe these are rare as heck from this era nowadays? Still got the DB9 so you can only imagine my fuel bill with these two...

Either way it’s an absoloute beast, sounds incredible with a decat system, little bit too loud for me however so I’m going to have silencers put in.

Audi S6 4.2 Avant 2002 - 108k

With the optional Recaro leather

9702_E925-75_AC-492_D-_A867-16_D180323_BE3.jpg

AC06_AC84-_F6_A0-42_B5-_A9_DB-642566_FFC1_F2.jpg

Soldato
Looks great apart from the stuck on tablet display in the middle. Why this has become a thing I don’t know it looks cheap and out of place. Stunning car otherwise though...

Associate
I’ve been drooling over the quadraphino since they came out but to scared to jump up to a 500+ bhp motor. This must be like a younger brother to it. VERY nice!

Back
Top Bottom