New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
Hell yea...
Calling it now
he will pop up in a discovery timeline for a few episodes (season 3?) And then they will air the show 6 months after.
Which I'm betting in discovery season 2 they have to get the drive working again to solve a big problem by jumping to the future which they end up doing in the season finale.

Associate
Discovery seemed different and not all in good ways.

Things seemed darker both literally and metaphorically. It was mostly about war, war, war. This is a little contrary to the normal Star Trek flow.

I also found it felt like it was playing things a little safe and was slaved to "Pop culture". Star Trek has usually been a show to live dangerously with it's culture.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Amazing news, I think the fans always wanted a show set after tng, ds9, voyager and we finally get it. They can literally have access to the 1000s of charactors
across 3 different 24th century shows and I think they need to since most of them are pensioners and half way on their death beds.

Just wondering how its going to be set up and done, its always made sense to do the next Enterprise vessel, nothing wrong to say have Admiral picard commanding it but he could easily be a reoccurring character popping up every now and then against a younger crew.

Some of the cast in conventions said they would love to return but could be just talk for the fans, but only troi openly said if shes going to fit in that starfleet uniform again she would need to have many zeros on her payslip.

Associate
I would watch it if it’s Picard gardening in his retirement.

:eek: That would be an interesting Star Trek. Perhaps a little more archaeology for Picards character this time? Not my interest, but it is one of his characters hobbies.

But a 24th century Star Trek, call me excited...
I wonder will they follow or ignore the extended canon material from the books and STO Game?
Not read those books yet, but it is on my list.

Oh this is exciting, as TNG is still my favourite show.
And I wonder where they take things? Peace time exploration, Cold War or worse?
"Make it so."

Soldato
Did anyone read the prequel scripty type thing that explained the new JJTrek reboot with Spock in it, that could be a good place to start.

Failing that he could be the gardener at starfleet academy as I bet that other old dudes dead by now...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
GREAT NEWS!

I originally thought he would just be in discovery somehow for a while, which was good. But thought it would be silly due to timeline and I hate the time travel stuff, so not great.

But having his own separate show? Best tv news I have heard since the expanse was picked up by amazon :D

Back
Top Bottom