• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Ree

Ree

Associate
£16 pound delivery for a £13 cable! what a disgusting ripoff place that competitor is. i live in aberdeenshire not orkney.

Soldato
£16 pound delivery for a £13 cable! what a disgusting ripoff place that competitor is. i live in aberdeenshire not orkney.

Idk where you got it from, but normal postage was £4.40 when bought the cable tonight.
Are you sure you look at the different postage options or you went with default next day courier?

Ree

Ree

Associate
Idk where you got it from, but normal postage was £4.40 when bought the cable tonight.
Are you sure you look at the different postage options or you went with default next day courier?

2 day delivery, i almost spat my tea out in shock lol. £15.59 to deliver a cable.

Soldato
i am very tempted to buy this but many people are saying freesync is flickering for them. is this not the case?

Depends the flickering. Some games on exclusive full screen do flicker, like those made by PDX and the archaic (DX9) Clausewitz engine.
But they don't do so on full screen windowed mode.

Other games like WOT are flickering when you have overlay on them from third party software like MSI AB/RTSS.
Which actually is not needed, as AMD drivers have overlay by themselves.

Caporegime
Theres loads of people getting Black screens and FreeSync flickering now, i don't understand it.

Ive never had a problem, had none on my BenQ XL2730Z, and having none now on my BenQ EX3501R UW, on Win 7, and using the 17.12.1 drivers still (the first Adrenalin set), and also the DP cable that just came with my 2730Z.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm if driver found in Device Manager called PCI Express Root Complex was updated from windows 2006 pci.sys driver to AMD for 18.8.1?
It's under System Devices, PCI Express Root Complex, driver tab.

Soldato
Anyone with vega 64 having their mem stuck at 800Mhz with 18.8.1?? Is this a bug with these drivers??

What is your Wattman profile? Turbo mode goes to 945, and custom to what ever you have set.
Balanced & Power save profiles clock at 800.

However the card is throttling down if it doesn't have the need of the extra power. Playign elite dangerous (space travel) or EUIV i can see the card not operating higher than 1100mhz, providing max FPS and consuming 78W. But the moment the extra grunt is needed it clocks up.

Associate
Wattman is reading 800MHz in balanced mode, usually with other drivers that's showing as 945MHz in balanced mode, however when in games in balanced mode it is showing 945MHz in HWiNFO64 on screen display so looks like some kind of bug in the drivers which is causing wattman to display 800Mhz????

Usually I just set it to 1100MHz when gaming and that's how I noticed it's stuck at displaying 800MHz in wattman when it should be displaying default balanced clocks of 945MHz for the mem.

Associate
Can anyone with a Ryzen Processor and Radeon card replicate this poor performance in GTA V?

Usually far north of 60fps and much better than my old 3570k in general but scenes at night with lots of lights in the distance seem to bring the framerate crashing down (~44fps). As far as I know this does not affect Intel and Radeon or Ryzen and Nvidia setups. Frame rate is the same even if I drop resolution as far down as 1280x720.

Map location to replicate

HqaO6QL.png

Looking in this direction:

eMUXFKg.jpg

And here:

yqkxQfp.png

Soldato
Wattman is reading 800MHz in balanced mode, usually with other drivers that's showing as 945MHz in balanced mode, however when in games in balanced mode it is showing 945MHz in HWiNFO64 on screen display so looks like some kind of bug in the drivers which is causing wattman to display 800Mhz????

Usually I just set it to 1100MHz when gaming and that's how I noticed it's stuck at displaying 800MHz in wattman when it should be displaying default balanced clocks of 945MHz for the mem.

The overlay has some recording issues with the 18.8.1. Same applies to VRAM usage were it shows some values in form of 8.8^10e and such things

Back
Top Bottom