Dashcams!

L33

L33

Permabanned
The damage to the dealerships reputation that clip would do should you forward it to media outlets both local and national shouldn't be underestimated.
I'd be looking for confirmation the two scrotes had been sacked and free servicing for the duration of my ownership of that car at minimum. Any less and the clip would end up with the local & national rags as well as the police.

Associate
unbelievable footage that is. They didn't seem to care but he was clearly worried when he returned when he talked about hopefully no black box. Maybe you should play on that when you discuss it

Soldato
That's disgusting behaviour from a main dealer.
Definitely throw the book at them, this shouldn't be allowed to happen. I'd be fuming if that was my car.

That lad needs some serious disciplinary action against him.

Caporegime
I eventually got seen to. The manager didn't call because he had been in meetings all day and handing over stuff as he's away for the next week.

The aftersales manager sat down with me and started to talk about the standards they hold and they'll investigate any 'enthusiastic driving' and I had to interrupt him and tell him I had footage of them trying a handbrake turn and wheelspins and we ended up in his office. He watched the footage and he couldn't believe the standard of driving, the language used, lack of professionalism and the fact they didn't use the proper test route because they don't want to annoy residents that live around the area.

The yappy mouthy one will probably just get a slap on the wrist and told no more joyrides, the driver is facing far more serious consequences. He will be suspended in the morning and sent home to be brought back in as part of the disciplinary process to be shown the footage - he'll be given the option to resign or go through the full disciplinary process that will just waste time and end up with the same result. They have fired a technician for similar behaviour previously. A lot calmer now it's been taken seriously, just annoying I had to doorstop them just to be seen but there you go. I made the point that my car could have had a black box and would have screwed me over at renewal, and the fact I live local and don't really want people thinking I'm some sort of wannabe Ken Block.

He'll think of what he can do in terms of compensation and will let me know some time next week, in the meantime his assistant will go through the HR process of getting rid of this moron.

As for the camera, hardly hidden and very easy to disconnect.

6CbCPhDl.png.jpg

dwGBYYgl.png.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I eventually got seen to. The manager didn't call because he had been in meetings all day and handing over stuff as he's away for the next week.

The aftersales manager sat down with me and started to talk about the standards they hold and they'll investigate any 'enthusiastic driving' and I had to interrupt him and tell him I had footage of them trying a handbrake turn and wheelspins and we ended up in his office. He watched the footage and he couldn't believe the standard of driving, the language used, lack of professionalism and the fact they didn't use the proper test route because they don't want to annoy residents that live around the area.

The yappy mouthy one will probably just get a slap on the wrist and told no more joyrides, the driver is facing far more serious consequences. He will be suspended in the morning and sent home to be brought back in as part of the disciplinary process to be shown the footage - he'll be given the option to resign or go through the full disciplinary process that will just waste time and end up with the same result. They have fired a technician for similar behaviour previously. A lot calmer now it's been taken seriously, just annoying I had to doorstop them just to be seen but there you go. I made the point that my car could have had a black box and would have screwed me over at renewal, and the fact I live local and don't really want people thinking I'm some sort of wannabe Ken Block.

He'll think of what he can do in terms of compensation and will let me know some time next week, in the meantime his assistant will go through the HR process of getting rid of this moron.

What do you want out of it though? As someone else said, I'd want free servicing for a few years at least, and proof it's done properly, not just "this guy doesn't pay, tick the boxes and reset the ECU". I'd want actual proof.

Can't believe people are thick enough to do this, we live in a world where your every move is tracked and they still chance it. Hopefully these idiots learn their lesson.

Soldato

Thanks Janesy

Can't believe this idiot treated someone else property like this and also high chance he also badly blacked his work place name...

L33

L33

Permabanned
You definitely hold all the cards here. Worth remembering if his offer isn't satisfactory :) Obviously they won't be held to ransom, but any public-facing company given the opportunity to prevent a potentially huge PR issue will be conscious how lucky they are.
I don't suppose you'll ever hear the detail of the 'investigation' but this is far more than just having a pop at the two kids in the car IMO. How were they even able to take the car for a road test if it didn't require one? Surely there should be a mechanism in place to prevent two junior members of staff taking a customers pride and joy for a spin whenever they feel like it.
Also to just give the non-driving staff member a slap on the wrist seems like he got off VERY lightly. I'd personally have suspended them both on the spot if HR permitted. Think about it, if you have two children who have just painted the living room carpet, one painting while the other stood there and egged them on would you only discipline the one holding the brush?

Underboss
Dashcams is easy to see and disconnect, but they don't seem to
When i drop of my car, i leave the dashcam as it is (front and back) it is obvious I have a dashcam because it speaks to you when you put the keg to ignition and starts up lol

Caporegime
You definitely hold all the cards here. Worth remembering if his offer isn't satisfactory :) Obviously they won't be held to ransom, but any public-facing company given the opportunity to prevent a potentially huge PR issue will be conscious how lucky they are.
I don't suppose you'll ever hear the detail of the 'investigation' but this is far more than just having a pop at the two kids in the car IMO. How were they even able to take the car for a road test if it didn't require one? Surely there should be a mechanism in place to prevent two junior members of staff taking a customers pride and joy for a spin whenever they feel like it.
Also to just give the non-driving staff member a slap on the wrist seems like he got off VERY lightly. I'd personally have suspended them both on the spot if HR permitted. Think about it, if you have two children who have just painted the living room carpet, one painting while the other stood there and egged them on would you only discipline the one holding the brush?

Yeah I think once he listens to the footage again he'll have a much dimmer view of the passenger. Especially at the end as he mentions the after sales managers name while joking about. I stressed to him that he has to weed out people like this because of the damage in reputation and asked for assurances that someone can't just take a car out because they fancy it. The driver was in his late 20s and should know much much better to be egged on by the little scrote in the passenger seat.

I know one of the older techs there through my dad and he did the cambelt on my old car and the brakes on the ST on my drive, he does good work and doesn't deserve to have little rats ruin the reputation of his employers. The staff on the service desks always keep me well updated and I've never had any problems.

The driver would do well to hand his resignation in and make that the end of it rather than me sending in the footage to the police and being done for driving without due care and potentially TWOC given there was no reason to drive the car on the road. That's how far I'm willing to take it if he thinks he can cling on to his job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom