**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
I have to admit, I do wonder why they price it like they do. Not even because it's all software or whatever, but because surely they aren't actually producing them to make money? What's their annual profit? Surely they could take £200 off each one and be fine?

I guess they might pay more to produce each one as they just don't have the quantities to get them cheaper prices like some, but still.

Soldato
Gotta agree on comments. I am unsure why Google price as they do. Some of the pixel 3 shortcomings would be forgiven if they were priced £200 less.

That is an issue if they come in at that price point they will be judged at it.

For me the short comings are not a put off. I don't even consider the notch as I would turn it off. So it's more about the size of the bezels :D

Caporegime
They're still not selling that well though apparently, something like 4mill units which is a drop in the ocean...

CPW usually have these on offer within a couple of months anyhow.

Caporegime
I'm a light user as well and usually close apps when I've finished with them so that wouldn't be much of an issue for me, still expect more for the price though.

My 6P's got 39% remaining of the original battery with 4h 12m of SOT so far. That seems to be a lot higher than other people got out of theirs so closing apps and recharging less must be the reason why.

Soldato
I've been saying for ages that 4GB in a 2018 is just paltry, especially looking ahead to the next android revision. Googles own active services and apps are bloated to hell as it is, and that is before your key apps are taken into account. Without a doubt should be 6GB minimum and Google are just laughing at folks, especially at that price.

Pigeon_Killer - that is an excellent SoT for a battery that knackered! My 6P that my mum uses is on it's second battery and I'd guess it is at about 85% health and still fetching 4hrs SoT or so. You'd think that 2018 phones by now could produce higher SoT's than what we were using years ago...

Soldato
In my experience with my 2XL the biggest offender of refreshing is the Chrome browser. Apps don't tend to refresh quite as often but left for 4+ hours they do start to close automatically. I woke up this morning with 2 apps still open, Gmail and chrome. And even then all my chrome tabs had to reload one by one as I opened them.

Back
Top Bottom