**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Caporegime
The more I've read about this phone the more it's seems Google have cut corners without cutting the price.

Even if it was absolutely perfect they would have a hard time justifying the price, given how poor their sales have been, but with all the faults it should be a £600 phone max.

Associate
I think im just gonna wait for samsungs s10 plus at this rate. I feel its only the camera thats really tempting me on the pix3xl. All the rest is a downgrade from my note 8 besides the speakers.

The more I've read about this phone the more it's seems Google have cut corners without cutting the price.

Even if it was absolutely perfect they would have a hard time justifying the price, given how poor their sales have been, but with all the faults it should be a £600 phone max.

yeah now you say it, this does seem like a nexus device, not a pixel device.

Caporegime
I'm still on my 6P and I'm still struggling to part company with it even though it's a dinosaur by modern smartphone standards.

I don't need a perfect device but I usually keep my phones for 3 years so I want something that's either decent for less or truly outstanding for more. This phone doesn't fit in to either category for me.

Soldato
I'm still on my 6P and I'm still struggling to part company with it even though it's a dinosaur by modern smartphone standards.

I don't need a perfect device but I usually keep my phones for 3 years so I want something that's either decent for less or truly outstanding for more. This phone doesn't fit in to either category for me.
Imo no phone this year (barring obvious SoC improvements) matches the 6P, it did everything right. I've recently given mine to my mum and I cry a little inside when I have to tweak it for her - the perfectly flat screen, those crystal clear loud speakers - it just feels and looks great. The camera imo produces a better end shot than my S8+, if a lot slower at doing it.

Soldato
Imo no phone this year (barring obvious SoC improvements) matches the 6P, it did everything right. I've recently given mine to my mum and I cry a little inside when I have to tweak it for her - the perfectly flat screen, those crystal clear loud speakers - it just feels and looks great. The camera imo produces a better end shot than my S8+, if a lot slower at doing it.
I gave mine to my step dad and know exactly what you mean! It really was / is a fantastic phone and whilst my U11 is damn nice device I do wonder if it really was worth upgrading...
Every time I look at one of the new "flagships" I get put off by longphone form factor. I want wide phones again dammit!

Soldato
The mkbhd review was actually very good and said video was good bar the microphone. The camera as always looks unreal.

The back frosting being so easily damaged is a very strange decision for Google to make.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom