UEFA Champions League/Europa League ** Spoilers ** [6/7/8 November 2018]

Man of Honour
Terrible performance, possibly our worst of the season. No energy, no pace, stray balls all over the place, at times the attempted passes were like players who had never played together before.

Not sure whats happened this season but there definitely seems to be something very different in our play compared to last season but the biggest concern must be that the further into the season we go the worse and worse we seem to be playing.

Caporegime
Red star have defended well, fully deserve the win. Liverpool just gifted it to them in the first half, Lallana just isn’t the same after his long injury.

They just need to make sure they get 6 points against PSG and Napoli, big ask.

If they draw tonight we only need a win + don’t lose vs PSG. Pretty unlikely given how we don’t seem arsed in these games though.

Shocking performance from start to finish. We've been stealing points in both competitions up to now but this is a big wake up call, we're struggling and something needs to change.

Is this the result of Klopp falling out with Buvac?
Doubt it given he was checked out since January apparently, no?

We’ve gone through periods like this under klopp before but we are actually getting some results still. (Trust me I remember mocking people who wouldn’t have afforded Brendan the same time or excuses)

Man of Honour
Slump has been coming all season, despite the lofty league position, only played well in a handful of games against poorish opposition.

And that is perhaps what sets Man City apart, they just dont seem to slump at all. A slump for Man City is failing to score 3+ goals in a game. I fear a slump for us will see Man City rapidly pull away in the league.

Don
I thought the Napoli game was as bad as we could play but that was 10x worse. The focus will again be on our front 3 but it's the midfield that's the cause for concern for me - without an Ox, Shaqiri or even Keita our midfield lacks creativity and a link to the attack and we're relying on controlling the game and just wearing teams down. That had been working early in the season but there's been a couple of times in the league but more noticeably away to Napoli and again today where we've lacked that control. Hendo and Keita can't come back soon enough.

Re qualifying, anything other than a Napoli win would mean we'd qualify by beating Napoli at home regardless of the PSG result. A Napoli win would probably mean we'd either need to win away at PSG or draw and then beat Napoli.

Soldato
Wheels coming off the Liverpool bus...they seem to be very good for a random season because of a star man then go dismal again. Not complaining though

Man of Honour
Lets not get carried away, they're still 3rd and able to get results against top teams. For some reason they're just not clicking like they used to and seem to really be missing Ox and Keita in midfield.

Man of Honour
Lets not get carried away, they're still 3rd and able to get results against top teams. For some reason they're just not clicking like they used to and seem to really be missing Ox and Keita in midfield.

Midfield definitely seems an issue for us, would be very happy if we took a punt at signing Doucoure.

Back
Top Bottom