LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
did you pick weekend delivery?

Just checked my order and no k didn't!
So if I got lucky with my pre order being placed early enough AND there are no issues with stock being delivered I guess it will be a long weekend and hopefully Monday!

Did anyone order for a weekend delivery?

Associate
I ordered (at about 6pm the day the preorder went live) with Saturday delivery. If it does ship today I doubt I'll get any notification until late afternoon, but I'm not particularly optimistic.

Man of Honour
I think the X34P and the AW3418DW use the same panel. Not sure if any others do, though. I think the earlier X34 model and the Asus PG348Q were 60Hz overclockable to 100(?).

the older X34 and Asus PG34Q had a native 60Hz panel, overclocked to 100Hz. The AW3418DW and X34P had a 100Hz native panel, overclocked to 120Hz. The LG 34GK950G has a 144Hz native panel, downclocked because of limits to the G-sync module and DisplayPort interface to 120Hz.

Associate
the older X34 and Asus PG34Q had a native 60Hz panel, overclocked to 100Hz. The AW3418DW and X34P had a 100Hz native panel, overclocked to 120Hz. The LG 34GK950G has a 144Hz native panel, downclocked because of limits to the G-sync module and DisplayPort interface to 120Hz.
There is a lot of scanlines issiues on acer x34p when gsync on . I never figure out why that happen. Looks like input lag is also higher on older acer x34 compare to LG and alien . How abaut x34p input lag ?

Associate
Talked with LG's Finnish support today.

They told me that there is no planned / known release in Nordic countries (Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland) for this monitor. In other words: "Don't expect to see this in Nordic markets for months to come".

Associate
Ended up ordering the AW3418DW. It was $350 cheaper, and also the lack of an SRGB mode on the 950G was a big consideration for me since I do some photo work in addition to gaming. That more or less negates the benefit of the added color gamut coverage, which is really the only thing the LG has over the previous year's panels. Refresh rate is a push for me since the AW has shown it can do 120Hz fine even though the panel is 100Hz native.

Associate
Today is the day then OcUK should get those monitors and start shipping. But unfortunately I got no any update on that? Is you guys are anlucky as me?
Yea not happy at all . No one gets any updates , me and my friend preordered that monitor on november 6 and still nothing :( . I bought noblechairs hero chair , samsung 860 evo ssd and corsair strafe rgb keyboard during black friday deals to kill that pain a little bit :D.

Associate
hey everyone im having a problem deciding..im in the US and right now the AW3418DW is $704 shipped [from buydig], so is $500 worth it for the LG?

I ordered the AW3419DW.

The $500 premium is not worth it in my opinion.

When you get an AW that works correctly, minimal BLB and no flickering @ 120hz. What is the most noticed benefits of the LG? Nano IPS (Which is kind of useless in most content...) and a RGB ring on the back?... 1 year warranty vs 3 years on the AW.

Honestly it's not that had to get an AW that works the way we expect, BLB is pure lottery. And I had 2 friends receive LG's with bad enough BLB they returned them. (one had shipping damage as well but that's not LG's fault) Yes it is probably easier to get less BLB on the LG's due to the new panel, BUT the later revisions of the AW aren't to bad. The difference here is that in my experience it's far easier to return AW's than LG's. Based off customer support, etc. But that's only my experience. I could return the AW for a different one 3 times until i get one I like, without hassle.

you are paying a premium for simply a BETTER chance at having minimal BLB and obviously you shouldn't flicker on the LG. I feel like the $500 premium is more like a "Here's $500, give me a binned monitor" as an example. I know the LG's should have less BLB on average, and definitely not flicker. But again, if your AW does, just return it until you get one that doesn't.

LG came into this late as hell and basically says "Here is a monitor that SHOULD be better on your first unit" I understand they priced it accordingly and competitive with AW's MSRP, But they know as well as we do, the AW is rarely 1,400/1,500 these days. They should have just lowered the price, rather than playing the MSRP game and they would have got more sales. I guarantee the AW and even Acer are selling more units than the LG. simply based off price alone.

I almost bought the LG for 1,100 (G-sync one when it was on sale) But the warranty killed it for me. So even at a $300 premium I wasn't interested enough...

If you get a decent AW3418DW there is virtually NO difference besides a RGB ring on the back...

Last edited:
Associate
Honestly it's not that had to get an AW that works the way we expect, BLB is pure lottery. And I had 2 friends receive LG's with bad enough BLB they returned them. (one had shipping damage as well but that's not LG's fault) Yes it is probably easier to get less BLB on the LG's due to the new panel, BUT the later revisions of the AW aren't to bad. The difference here is that in my experience it's far easier to return AW's than LG's. Based off customer support, etc. But that's only my experience. I could return the AW for a different one 3 times until i get one I like, without hassle.

I think as long as you are ok with the possibility of only being able to run your monitor @ 100hz, particularly once you are outside the exchange window, then the AW makes far more sense given the price. You are basically paying an x hundreds of dollars premium to increase your chances of being able to run @ 120hz in a stable, long term fashion. Which is pretty garbage tbh...

Associate
AW3418DW on GREAT sale just in USA. In UK everywhere it cost <1000£. 100£ less than 34gk950g. Im still waiting for LG, but in the mean time thinking to order acer x34p and then compare with LG. acer x34p cost just 650£ at the moment. Is acer x34p & AW3418DW have same panels?

Associate
I ordered the AW3419DW.

The $500 premium is not worth it in my opinion.

When you get an AW that works correctly, minimal BLB and no flickering @ 120hz. What is the most noticed benefits of the LG? Nano IPS (Which is kind of useless in most content...) and a RGB ring on the back?... 1 year warranty vs 3 years on the AW.

you are paying a premium for simply a BETTER chance at having minimal BLB and obviously you shouldn't flicker on the LG. I feel like the $500 premium is more like a "Here's $500, give me a binned monitor" as an example. I know the LG's should have less BLB on average, and definitely not flicker. But again, if your AW does, just return it until you get one that doesn't.

LG came into this late as hell and basically says "Here is a monitor that SHOULD be better on your first unit" I understand they priced it accordingly and competitive with AW's MSRP, But they know as well as we do, the AW is rarely 1,400/1,500 these days. They should have just lowered the price, rather than playing the MSRP game and they would have got more sales. I guarantee the AW and even Acer are selling more units than the LG. simply based off price alone.

I almost bought the LG for 1,100 (G-sync one when it was on sale) But the warranty killed it for me. So even at a $300 premium I wasn't interested enough...

If you get a decent AW3418DW there is virtually NO difference besides a RGB ring on the back...

Sort of. You are right in general, but I would add that running on wider gamut colors (gaming, not color critical work), the extra refresh, a brighter panel, a cleaner look all add up to something. I think it mostly matters what $400 (?) is worth to you. I prefer to just spend the extra money and not regret my decision. The screen is really good and I love the wide gamut, but if $400 is a lot then Ya, prob better off with the AW since it’s “close enough” (assuming you don’t get a crap panel and the overclocking remains stable). I’ve seen enough complaints on reddit about unstable overclocks that I prefer to minimize my chances by going with the LG

Associate
Sort of. You are right in general, but I would add that running on wider gamut colors (gaming, not color critical work), the extra refresh, a brighter panel, a cleaner look all add up to something. I think it mostly matters what $400 (?) is worth to you. I prefer to just spend the extra money and not regret my decision. The screen is really good and I love the wide gamut, but if $400 is a lot then Ya, prob better off with the AW since it’s “close enough” (assuming you don’t get a crap panel and the overclocking remains stable). I’ve seen enough complaints on reddit about unstable overclocks that I prefer to minimize my chances by going with the LG
its not $400 but $500 difference haha..i'll see what CM has to offer, if the AW is even lower than $700, i wont have 2nd thoughts

Back
Top Bottom