Mourinho Sacked! Solskjær new interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez

fez

Caporegime
What about half a season of Keano to give them all a kick up the arse?

That would be an awful appointment. The man is more of a **** than Mourinho with half the talent. The modern footballer doesn't respond well to a manager who treats his players like *****. Tell me one top manager who doesn't have good man management skills?

Associate
Solksjaer until the end of the season, Pochettino going forward.

Better than Carrick or Giggs in any case, they've had their shot. Solksjaer understands the club better than most, he'll align to preparing the club for a future manager and he'll play decent football.

Last edited:
Associate
I can only see this as a positive for United, He has become so negative in the last few years it is a toxic environment for an y players to be in.
I'm sure Carrick will get some passion and fight back into the dressing room in the meantime.

Man of Honour
I can only see this as a positive for United, He has become so negative in the last few years it is a toxic environment for an y players to be in.
I'm sure Carrick will get some passion and fight back into the dressing room in the meantime.

It's not going to be Carrick

Already been reported that it's not going to be Carrick, Butt or the usual suspects already at Utd

fez

fez

Caporegime
I would really like to see Howe or Jardim given a go. There are different types of managers in football and all the best long term ones are those that get on with their job and are capable of working within constraints and happy to build teams long term.

My biggest fear is that we will go for Zidane. I'm terrified of that because its exactly the sort of appointment Woodward would make and he is completely wrong for the club. We need a Pep, Poch or Klopp style manager who will coach an identity into the team. Who will nurture players and if you are not right for the team you will be moved on and told "good luck" instead of treated like ****.

I don't think we have too many egos in the team, I think, like every top team you need to have a manager who the players trust and believe in. If they see a positive trajectory with the tactics and football then they will give their all for the manager. If Liverpool go through a rough patch, Klopp will defend his players and encourage them. Mourinho did the complete opposite.

Caporegime
Screen-Shot-2018-12-18-at-10-39-10.png

He's an arrogant fool but that did make me chuckle.

Associate
Solksjaer is an awful manager. He couldn’t even last 5 minutes at Cardiff.

It's for 6 months, he doesn't exactly need to be a world beater and we can't really get worse than we have been. Plus, no top manager currently available (Zidane, Conte etc) is going to come in for half a season, and even if they did they aren't going to help prepare the club for whoever comes next. I'd rather have a passive but strong manager like Solksjaer who understands the club and who'll align to the clubs planning for the future without a fuss and have zero expectations about "the next step". He isn't a great manager, but he's better than a Carrick or a Neville... or a big Sam. He'd get the job done until the end of the season imo.

Caporegime
It's for 6 months, he doesn't exactly need to be a world beater and we can't really get worse than we have been. Plus, no top manager currently available (Zidane, Conte etc) is going to come in for half a season, and even if they did they aren't going to help prepare the club for whoever comes next. I'd rather have a passive but strong manager like Solksjaer who understands the club and who'll align to the clubs planning for the future without a fuss and have zero expectations about "the next step". He isn't a great manager, but he's better than a Carrick or a Neville... or a big Sam. He'd get the job done until the end of the season imo.
Why would he leave his steady, well paid job at Molde, where he’s been doing well for two years now, just for six months at Utd?

fez

fez

Caporegime

Why would Solksjaer leave a full time position for a 6 month job? Would make 0 sense. Ignoring that, what makes him a good choice as well?

Getting in Conte or Zidane would be another Mourinho waiting to happen. Conte imploded at Chelsea like Mourinho and Zidane has 0 experience outside of winning the CL with easily the best team of the past 10 years. There is no reason to think he is capable of coaching a team in dire need of direction or that he can build a squad in a competitive league. He would also cost a huge amount.

Associate
Why would Solksjaer leave a full time position for a 6 month job? Would make 0 sense. Ignoring that, what makes him a good choice as well?

Getting in Conte or Zidane would be another Mourinho waiting to happen. Conte imploded at Chelsea like Mourinho and Zidane has 0 experience outside of winning the CL with easily the best team of the past 10 years. There is no reason to think he is capable of coaching a team in dire need of direction or that he can build a squad in a competitive league. He would also cost a huge amount.

I didn't suggest getting Conte or Zidane in, I agree neither would work for United. Conte in particular is a dull, lifeless groan far worse than Mourinho.

Solksjaer probably wouldn't leave for 6 months no, but what makes him (or someone like him) a bad choice? Any interim manager is either going to be a grafter like Big Sam - no thanks - or a former player with an affection for the club. Carrick and Giggs had their shot under our previous 3 managers and the football has been dire, they're either too weak to have an influence or not interested in the kind of football we want played. I have no affection for Solksjaer over anyone else, but someone like him who is a somewhat experienced manager (compared to any ex player) who understands the football club, comes without attitude and would help the club to prepare for the future in a way that any other "big" manager would not is what is needed... until the end of the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom