January Transfer Thread 2018/19

Associate
Looks like Defoe’s off to Rangers. Reckon he could still get a bucketload up there.

I'm happy with this. We need someone to fill in for Morelos when required as Lafferty is decent but doesn't score often enough.
If we can seal the deal for Steven Davis too, then I'd be confident of a good title challenge.

I still expect Celtic to have enough to win it this season though. Although I'd be delighted to be proved wrong! :D

Caporegime
One thing that really annoys me during the transfer window is the interviews with managers. They’re pointless. Most of them just have nothing to say. The journo’s waste their time even asking.

I appreciate clubs like to keep things quiet, but in that case, the press conferences become tiresome. Just talk about the next match.

Soldato
I understand Solanke going but the Clyne move makes no sense to me what so ever.

He is still good enough for us, trent also needs breaks and is young, Clyne is perfect player to back him up.

There has been times trent already looks like needs a rest

Don
OP
You've got to assume it was his decision. I'd have definitely rather he stayed but when you think about it, we're not going to be massively short at RB. Gomez, Milner and Fabinho can all play there and as I guessed, there's talk that Hoever could be in line to play on Monday. I've only seen him play twice and he looked exceptional and it's a view shared by those that have seen him play more than me - one journo commented that he's going to be the shortest lived 'best kept secret'.

I wonder whether Ox is closer to returning than what Klopp let on too. His return would make using Milner or Fabinho at RB a lot more managable.

Man of Honour
In typical Arsenal fashion, we're being linked to 24 year old CM, Denis Suárez. Fee is supposed to be around £20mil.

I only hope that we’ve got a lot more money than they’re letting on and that our defence will be addressed in the summer when prices are less rediciulous and clubs are more willing to sell.

Might also be confirmation of Ramsey leaving soon.

Associate
Another rumour coming out of Arsenal is that we might make a bid for Reece Oxford.

Seems like he's been around for a while now without progressing, but he's only 20. My only concern with that is it would be a signing for the future, rather than a Centre Back who could step straight into the first team and improve the defence

Man of Honour
Rumours of Origi to Fulham, got to say that if Solanke and Origi go that does leave us a little light on the backup striker front (moreso if Sturridge gets injured or goes in this transfer window too), does make me wonder if Klopp has his eyes on a striker somewhere. I know we dont really play with a traditional striker but its nice to have to be able to mix it up a bit

Don
OP
Rumours of Origi to Fulham, got to say that if Solanke and Origi go that does leave us a little light on the backup striker front (moreso if Sturridge gets injured or goes in this transfer window too), does make me wonder if Klopp has his eyes on a striker somewhere. I know we dont really play with a traditional striker but its nice to have to be able to mix it up a bit
I'm not sure there's too much substance to the Origi rumours and previously I would have said that there's no way that we'd let him go without signing somebody but history suggests that it's very possible. I think Klopp's generally happier with a smaller squad than what most supporters would like and he's shown that if a player wants to move that he won't stand in their way.

I am sure the club are looking at transfers beyond just what we need in the short-term though and one way or another Origi and probably Sturridge won't be here at the start of next season. I'm sure we're going to be in for a striker at some point in the next two windows, it's just a case of whether the striker(s) we're interested in are available now.

Back
Top Bottom