*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Played for a straight 5 hours last night, loving what they have done to the game. Its a fresh experience!

Damn. Been busy all day, not been able to play. Managed to get to the car park yesterday.

Had a blast. At first it was not as good as I was hoping, but more I played, the more I liked it :)

Can't say I even notice it, funny how different people are annoyed by different things.

For me it's normally aa and this is no exception.
I absolutely hate taa and fxaa, and the smaa in this has shimmering edges round things.

So it's either very blurry or shimmering edges, don't like either option.

Not bothered at all by that. Seems a bit nitpicky to me, but each to their own and all that.

I have AA disabled on mine at 4K, happy with how it looks.

Blur and noise off for me, makes the game look much crisper/better.

Loving it so far, only negative is that I can barley hear the music and everything is at 100%. Still ****** at Capcom for charging more to release it wit the old soundtrack included. :mad:

Yep. Turned of the last 4-5 options on the graphics menu. Don't like any of that stuff.

Soldato
I’m stuck at first boss battle. Only have 5 shotgun shells and 0 9mm. I pick up the grenades and 9mm in offer but it’s not enough on Hardcore.FML

Associate
Mine wasnt exactly straightforward per the instructions - I had to click on the link in the email, bypass the coupon screen and select the rewards tab and subsequently log into Steam via the browser and I thought that was it because it asked me to close the web page.

When it didn't show up in my list I went back to the AMD Rewards tab and had to click "activate on Steam" again and when I logged back into Steam it was there!

Just clicked on it again and it appeared on steam this time , disabled adblocker so dont know if that helped or not

Soldato
Anyone find it looks like a grey filter over the screen in some scenes. I disabled volumetric lighting and it fixed it but would have preferred to have it on as it looks good in some scenes. Also SSR is messed up for me on some surfaces for me.

Soldato
Anyone find it looks like a grey filter over the screen in some scenes. I disabled volumetric lighting and it fixed it but would have preferred to have it on as it looks good in some scenes. Also SSR is messed up for me on some surfaces for me.
Yeah i find that on DX11 but not 12 about the SSR, and the grey filtery thing also, thanks for the tip, i will disable volumetric lighting then.

Soldato
Might switch to dx12 and see how it runs then as I like the SSR but looks weird on some surfaces. Let me know what you think with volumetric lighting off. I also turned bloom off as I felt it was a bit more realistic lighting.

Associate
anyone completed it yet ? just wondering if real survivor or arrange modes become available ? they would be a nice addition and add even more replay value

Have not completed it yet, but I know that if you complete the game with Leon and Claire with their first story mode run through and then complete each characters "second run" you will unlock the survivor bonus mode with Hunk.

Last edited:
Soldato
Might switch to dx12 and see how it runs then as I like the SSR but looks weird on some surfaces. Let me know what you think with volumetric lighting off. I also turned bloom off as I felt it was a bit more realistic lighting.
I think it's actually better with it off too but again it's different in dx12 to dx11...
Maybe that explains why the frame rate is lower with dx 12 it's doing those two things properly

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I’m stuck at first boss battle. Only have 5 shotgun shells and 0 9mm. I pick up the grenades and 9mm in offer but it’s not enough on Hardcore.FML
I gave hardcore mode a miss after when messing about at the start the first zombie got me while I was reloading and my health went from fine to danger. Quickly restarted and went normal mode :p

Will do hardcore on my 5th playthrough I think :)

Associate
I purchased this tonight and played for a couple of hours and it's the first RE game I've enjoyed since the original RE2. There seems to be a real sense of horror and not too many jump scares, which is the sort of thing which stops me playing these games.

I've been playing this on both my OLED TV and my Asus computer monitor. I notice the 'Grey' over everything, like a weird mist. It is particularly bad when I turn HDR on. I'll try playing with the lighting effects.

Sadly when I run this at 4k HDR on my TV everything goes purple. Dropping the resolution to 1080p fixes the issue, tried a much shorter cable and seem to have the same issues, this is with latest drivers and an RTX2080TI.

Ultimately just been playing at 4k with no HDR and playing around with 1080p/HDR/120hz

Back
Top Bottom