*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Soldato
Well, maybe it's because I never considered RE to be a true horror game while Silent Hill was always centered around that and had a lot more psychological stuff with vastly better soundtrack and soundwork in general. And story as well.

Soldato
Are three restarts I finally got Clair to the next level and even without killing everything I gad only a couple of bullets left. But got the machine gun and grenade launcher so confident I can tackle what is to come.

Soldato
Hey quick question guys, I just got the keycard for the police garage and I need to go to the orfanage.

Im currently in main hall of police station and I can't remember the way back to the underground carpark.

Can anyone give me some quick directions.

thanks

Soldato
Hey quick question guys, I just got the keycard for the police garage and I need to go to the orfanage.

Im currently in main hall of police station and I can't remember the way back to the underground carpark.

Can anyone give me some quick directions.

thanks

Playing as Claire I take it? I remember face palming at forgetting the way back. Police chief office has a personal lift all the way down to the parking garage.

Soldato
Playing as Claire I take it? I remember face palming at forgetting the way back. Police chief office has a personal lift all the way down to the parking garage.

Yeah thanks I had forgot about that, I have been running round with no ammo and health for ages lol.

This game seems pretty hard. It keeps asking me to put it on easy but I keep clicking no.

This big guy has it in for me lol

Last edited:

HAz

HAz

Soldato
I take it hardcore mode is the way it’s meant to be played? Love when your out of ink ribbons and 2 hours later you find one and can finally save

Soldato
I take it hardcore mode is the way it’s meant to be played? Love when your out of ink ribbons and 2 hours later you find one and can finally save

Yea go for it. I played through Leon A and Claire B on standard mode. Just exploring getting an idea of the game.

I'm now playing through Claire A on hardcore and it's a nice step up in challenge. Zombies are even more of a threat. Not see easy to cheese them with the starting pistol. I only have 1 save (ink ribbon) left at the moment.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Anyone done 4th Survivor? Managed to do it in 11:24 but have no idea if that is good or bad compared to others here. It was not easy, died many times :p

Tofu mode which unlocked after completing it is just silly. Managed to get to the car park before dying. Won't be touching that again anytime soon. If I ever did I would have to make use of tips and tricks from the net rather than being able to do it on my own like I did 4th Survivor.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/resident-evil-2-30-pounds-PC-download-right-now-in-UK/
Price has dropped a bit already if you want it cheaper than Steam!
It was £29.99 before release at CDKeys anyway. Not much of a drop :)

Associate
Was not a huge fan of silent hill's. I think I played the first one and one other. They were ok, but nothing compared to Resident Evil's which I found to be much better, at least up to Code Veronica anyway, after that they lost the plot with Resident Evil 4.

Did you not like RE4? Its one of my favourites.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Did you not like RE4? Its one of my favourites.
I liked it as a game and enjoyed it. But not as a Resident Evil game. It changed what made Resident Evil a Resident Evil game and it is not until this remake that I can say Resident Evil is back. Resident Evil 7 was close, but did not like the first person view and didn't like any of the characters.

Resident Evil is not about action imo. I hope they never forget that. Make another IP for that or something.

Associate
I liked it as a game and enjoyed it. But not as a Resident Evil game. It changed what made Resident Evil a Resident Evil game and it is not until this remake that I can say Resident Evil is back. Resident Evil 7 was close, but did not like the first person view and didn't like any of the characters.

Resident Evil is not about action imo. I hope they never forget that. Make another IP for that or something.

Yeah i can see where you are coming from. More shooter than horror. RE 7 i loved, in fact i would say this is probably my favourite out of all of them but i'm a big FPS fan so the first person appeals a lot to me. I also feel first person is more immersive.

One thing liked about the remake is felt it was good mixed feeling of RE 4 & 7 together. I'd love for them to go and now make a whole new story, plot and characters using the RE 2 Remake engine and seeing what they can come up with.

Soldato
Anyone done 4th Survivor? Managed to do it in 11:24 but have no idea if that is good or bad compared to others here. It was not easy, died many times :p

About the same here. 11 something. I think 10-11 min is about average (a lot of runs on youtube around that).

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
So I have finally completed both A and B scenarios for both Leon and Clair and I am 85% through the achievements, got 6 left :)

These should all be achievable. Not sure how I missed the last achievement, that is a easy one.

Hardcore Rookie
Complete Leon's story on "Hardcore" game mode.

Hardcore College Student
Complete Claire's story on "Hardcore" game mode.

A Small Carbon Footprint
Take 14000 steps or fewer in one playthrough.

Sizzling Scarlet Hero
Complete Claire's story on "Standard" or "Hardcore" with an S rank.

Leon "S." Kennedy
Complete Leon's story on "Standard" or "Hardcore" with an S rank.

In the Blink of an Eye
Defeat Super Tyrant with 5+ minutes left until detonation.

I usually never bother with achievements unless it is a game I really like with achievements that are actually achievable. That usually means one game every couple of years.

Soldato
I’m at the cable car on first Leon playthrough. I could finish the original in less than 90 minutes without saving so wasn’t expecting a huge game.

So glad I went for the original soundtrack...puts me back to 22 years old!

Soldato
I think this game looks and sounds great with 7.1(5.1)

I didn't like the smaa it just had white lines everywhere. I switched to taa looks so much smoother.

I think I have everything maxed out 1080p with 2gb textures taa and 130%.

Im getting solid 60 and it looks great but just wondering if there is any settings you guys switch on or off to make it look better.

I don't wanna look through thread until I have finished game, im afraid of spoiling something.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think this game looks and sounds great with 7.1(5.1)

I didn't like the smaa it just had white lines everywhere. I switched to taa looks so much smoother.

I think I have everything maxed out 1080p with 2gb textures taa and 130%.

Im getting solid 60 and it looks great but just wondering if there is any settings you guys switch on or off to make it look better.

I don't wanna look through thread until I have finished game, im afraid of spoiling something.

Have a watch of this

Back
Top Bottom