The Division 2 - March 2019

Man of Honour
With TD1 being in the winter and snow of New York, TD2 being in the more green and wet Washington, if they do a TD3 they should set it in the desert of Nevada, Las Vegas or something

Soldato
Anyone know if there is more weather in TD2? I expected with the lack of blizzards there might be torrential downpours.

Honestly I think part of the reason the snow made so much difference in TD1 to atmosphere is that the actual snow technology in the engine was really impressive... The way the snow actually built up... Should I just go back to playing TD1? :thinking:

Man of Honour
Anyone know if there is more weather in TD2? I expected with the lack of blizzards there might be torrential downpours.

Honestly I think part of the reason the snow made so much difference in TD1 to atmosphere is that the actual snow technology in the engine was really impressive... The way the snow actually built up... Should I just go back to playing TD1? :thinking:

I had light showers, heavy showers and varying degrees of mist/fog.

Man of Honour

I'd have loved to see an update to TD1 that utilised proper particle physics for snow and smoke/steam it would have turned the immersion up another notch again - I was always slightly distracted from being convinced by the snow and other volumetric particle effects because I couldn't un-see the lack of proper interaction with the environment.

Man of Honour
Havent watch the video yet, but let me guess, Mack/Worthabuy didnt like it. Just like 90% of all other games he reviews. I wonder at times whether he likes games at all.

Associate
Some bad info in that vid, "you have to put gear in your stash because if you die in the DZ they loot everything, and you need gear in your stash to reequip yourself", & saying that you need to buy the expensive editions to access the full game, both are wrong, you dont lose all your gear when you die in DZ, they can only loot contaminated stuff, & content wise the only difference between standard & all other editions is cosmetics & one week early access to the dlcs.

Soldato
Sounds like the TD1 problem where the game doesn't sync properly until you fire the first shot which obviously isn't great with sniper rifles.

yeah but there is the accuracy of weapon which as I understand it means if the weapon isnt accurate the bullet wont go where you aim, also stability which I assume is how much your aim moves when you fire.

I am kinda gutted, I planned to do some more today thinking it ends on the 12th but now the beta is ended, it was very short, and I expect served more as a promotional demo than an actual beta test. Maybe a server stress test.

However I am glad they actually let normal players into their beta programs ubisoft, I remember when blizzard had the hearthstone beta test which in reality was a streamers promotional event as 95% of the players were streamers and blizzard staff only, they were literally inviting single digit players on every batch out of 1000s who requested, I feel ubisoft actually invited much bigger numbers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some bad info in that vid, "you have to put gear in your stash because if you die in the DZ they loot everything, and you need gear in your stash to reequip yourself", & saying that you need to buy the expensive editions to access the full game, both are wrong, you dont lose all your gear when you die in DZ, they can only loot contaminated stuff, & content wise the only difference between standard & all other editions is cosmetics & one week early access to the dlcs.

So the extra weapons are just unique in design and not spec?

Man of Honour
However I am glad they actually let normal players into their beta programs ubisoft, I remember when blizzard had the hearthstone beta test which in reality was a streamers promotional event as 95% of the players were streamers and blizzard staff only, they were literally inviting single digit players on every batch out of 1000s who requested, I feel ubisoft actually invited much bigger numbers.

Though I'm not sure how deep it runs I've had a more positive experience of Ubisoft lately, they seem to atleast be sort of trying to work more with the community and brought more community moderators onboard who atleast appear to be doing more to gather user feedback, etc. in contrast to EA and some others who seem to be completely losing the plot and even going as far as lashing out at their communities.

Soldato
Ubisoft still have a pretty good diverse gaming library, I feel they one of the better publishers that still make games.

I preordered on cdkeys now but given there is no key given till release day I expect there is no pre order bonus as it looks like they will be using normal release date keys. So the £7 saving over ubisoft pre order loses the pre order content. I chose the £7 saving.

Soldato
Ubi have not fully turned a corner (still guilty of the yearly release cycles) but they have definitely improved massively since the Watch Dogs days. Siege, AC, The Division and even Ghost Recon are all doing pretty well now.

Soldato
Played about four hours in the beta and to be honest found it a bit boring.

Supposed to be getting a cheap key from the AMD promotion so will give it another go upon release.

Soldato
Ubi have not fully turned a corner (still guilty of the yearly release cycles) but they have definitely improved massively since the Watch Dogs days. Siege, AC, The Division and even Ghost Recon are all doing pretty well now.

They also have strategy games like ANNO.

Associate
So has anyone got any idea what the season pass is going to really offer apart from playing some content (up to) 7 days early? There is talk about extra activities but will they be worth the extra £30?

Man of Honour
Just seen the prices for this. Two words spring to mind, the second word is 'off'.

Everyones tastes are different , I'm happy to pay 39.99 for TD2 after spending hundreds of hours in TD1 and thoroughly enjoying the beta. On the flipside, I wouldnt pay even £3.99 for Anthem or Anno 1800 or Warhammer Gothic Armada 2. On the flipside of that, I'm happy to pay 34.99 for the Civilization 6 expansion. All just different tastes and different boundaries for what people will pay for what item of entertainment.

Soldato
Just seen the prices for this. Two words spring to mind, the second word is 'off'.

You can get it fairly cheap buying the amds codes on members market.

I bought the 3 game pack off someone for £50 and resident evil was that price alone on steam.

I didn't play much of the first one only free weekends but will probably grind this one on release so will be looking for a few people to team up with.

Caporegime
Went back to the division 1 there and whilst the atmosphere is stunning and will be missed, nothing will ever quite match the snow storm in new york! I'm quite liking the setting of TD 2 now, definitely very much a I am legend/TWD/TLOU vibe about it. Also, this one feels a lot more open than TD 1 plus the in door areas are better I think, more open with more detail put in.

Can't wait for release and no doubt come end game, it will more than likely become a bore fest and the inevitable grind to get an extra 10k in health etc. will just be tedious task but as said above, the journey to rank 30 is going to be great fun.

Back
Top Bottom