What to do with undesirables

Soldato
Go watch a few of the recruitment videos online and it's obvious. In exchange for birthing a new generation of fighters they get promised houses, sports cars and a place in the history books that ISIS claim they will write when they've eventually butchered Europe. She admits herself she was interested in the beheading videos.
no offence but i have zero wish, want or desire to watch isis recruitment videos so i'll take your word for it.

They aren't promised a liberal lifestyle, opportunity for work or education or freedom of life choices. They are called upon to "do their duty under Allah"
what reason would a 15 year old have to take up the call to do their duty for Allah unless some form of brainwashing had taken place?

I do call her argument a flaw. She's claiming girls are radicalised because they are opposed over here. Opposed people don't swap one culture for another worse one unless they agree with the ideology and want to further it.
guessing you mean oppressed rather than opposed? i can't comment directly as i am not a member of the muslim community but i'd hazard a guess that there are plenty of girls, in particular, living in muslim communities who think or feel that they are oppressed - some maybe rightly feel this way. you ask most teenagers and they'll tell you they feel oppressed. unfortunately though for those in the muslim community there are people who are adept at manipulating those feelings, offering reasons (false) why they feel oppressed and offering a way out. prime candidates for brainwashing/radicalisation if you ask me.

Associate
Why does a 16 year old boy want to join the British army, to the be shipped off to get shot at and shoot at strangers. It's often feeling of wanting to fulfill duty, have adventure, get paid etc.

When you have members of the Muslim community who from birth have been told that the word of Allah and Mohammed is the undisputable truth, it's not a stretch to imagine why some would choose to travel to Syria when a group claims to have created the one true Islamic state.

Call it brainwashing, indoctrination, radicalisation, whatever you want, but she saw what IS had created and wanted a piece of it.

Soldato
Why does a 16 year old boy want to join the British army, to the be shipped off to get shot at and shoot at strangers
i don't think that's the same thing though is it? the 16 year old lads aren't (or at least shouldn't be) brainwashed or radicalised before joining the army.
but she saw what IS had created and wanted a piece of it.
but why would she want a part of it? if a girl is feeling oppressed or downtrodden here in the UK while in their own communities then why would they upsticks and go to a more oppressive regime, unless some form of brainwshing has occurred it just doesn't make sense. i highly doubt it's because she 'wanted a piece of it' maybe she did though, maybe she's just a full blown nut bag from birth - personally i don't think that's the case. personally i think someone identified a 15 year old girl who was feeling oppressed, out of place (all those things a **** load of teenagers usually feel!) and they preyed on that. but that's only my opinion.

Soldato
You would drone strike a refugee camp ?
you'll find it's very easy for some people to sit at a keyboard and wish torture pain and death on people because they either think it makes them sound cool, tough or just clever. and the 'nuke 'em from orbit just to be sure' line probably didn't feel quite right for this topic of conversation :p

Associate
I know you arent really looking for a sensible reply but she was a 15 year old school girl when she was groomed by IS.

We rightly dont blame the girls in Rotherham etc for what happened to them so why is it different with her?

Little bit silly comparing a girl who left the UK to join a terrorist organisation at fifteen when she should have known better to girls who were groomed and then raped but whatever. :rolleyes:

Associate
It doesn't make sense if you view it from the oppressed intersectional position (which is what I was arguing with the independent article)

But if you look at it as a member of a nation going off to help fight their enemies (arguably the same with our armed forces) it makes perfect sense. She was enticed over there, but it wasn't about how oppresssed she was here. It was all about helping to build the glorious caliphate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't wait for my taxes to pay for her IS baby, **** this backwards country. At 15 years of age I knew it was wrong to cut peoples heads off, but I was lucky to escape the clutches of religion early on and not brainwashed.

Soldato
It doesn't make sense if you view it from the oppressed intersectional position.

But if you look at it as a member of a nation going off to help fight their enemies (arguably the same with our armed forces) it makes perfect sense. She was enticed over there, but it wasn't about how oppresssed she was here. It was all about helping to build the glorious caliphate.
i personally doubt a 15 year old girl would freely go over to Syria because she wanted to help build a glorious caliphate. i'm more of the opinion that a vulnerable child was targeted and radicalised and that makes her a victim. but as i said it's only little ole me's opinion which in the grand scheme of things ain't worth much. perhaps she is a monster, perhaps she should be left to rot but i think given how we are or at least claim to be a civilised, progressive non oppressive society we should at least try and see if she can be 'fixed' rather than just giving up on her/drone striking her/hanging her from the nearest lampost.
i also think what was written in the article linked was perfectly reasonable - at least what i read of it.

Soldato
Can't wait for my taxes to pay for her IS baby, **** this backwards country. At 15 years of age I knew it was wrong to cut peoples heads off, but I was lucky to escape the clutches of religion early on and not brainwashed.
so by your own admission you were lucky not to have been brainwashed? shame this girl wasn't so lucky.

Soldato
When the new laws come it educating yourself about a terrorist group could get you 15 years in jail. (https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/counter-terrorism-and-border-security-bill-2018)

Yeah, known about this for a while, totally dreading it if it passes it, I don't often write to my MP, but when I do, it's because of stupid things like this. :(

i personally doubt a 15 year old girl would freely go over to Syria because she wanted to help build a glorious caliphate. i'm more of the opinion that a vulnerable child was targeted and radicalised and that makes her a victim

tenor.gif

200w_d.gif

Associate
i personally doubt a 15 year old girl would freely go over to Syria because she wanted to help build a glorious caliphate. i'm more of the opinion that a vulnerable child was targeted and radicalised and that makes her a victim. but as i said it's only little ole me's opinion which in the grand scheme of things ain't worth much. perhaps she is a monster, perhaps she should be left to rot but i think given how we are or at least claim to be a civilised, progressive non oppressive society we should at least try and see if she can be 'fixed' rather than just giving up on her/drone striking her/hanging her from the nearest lampost.
i also think what was written in the article linked was perfectly reasonable - at least what i read of it.

And we can agree to disagree as I see an article like that typical of the lefts propensity to look for fault in every place other than where it should land.

I don't agree she should hung from the nearest lamp post if she hasn't actually murdered anyone. And if she showed even the smallest amount of remorse or refection than you could argue she could be "fixed" Maajid Nawaz is proof of that. But I listened to her interview and full and she sounds like a sociopath.

Caporegime
Liberals when it's a Muslim teenager, MUH BRAINWASHING!!

Liberals when it's right wing teenage white kid that got radicalized the same way, DEATH SENTENCE, DISGUSTING PUTRID HUMAN!!!

You can't be brainwashed through Reddit, it has to be a Skype (other video conferencing software is available) call from a man whose face you can't see, holding an AK 47 with a black flag on his bullet holed wall.

Permabanned
I always had the naieve opinion a war was where a country or state tried to kill or capture the opposing forces? The Islamic State clearly issued unequivocal intent to to form a caliphate and overrun the western world. So why has no one killed this woman as an enemy of the UK and a member of the Islamic State? Or the UK designated a holding area to incarcerate and interrogate them away from those they could further radicalise? Quite what right minded person would want to foster or adopt a child of such a woman I don't know. They must be the rare ones who look for the puppies of a mad dog for their own kids to play with, or the progeny of a killer elephant to incorporate in their circus. Hopefully something dire will befall her before she becomes even more burdensome on the UK tax payers. Have her parents and any siblings been thoroughly interrogated and are they being closely monitored?

Permabanned
Actually, she is if she was brainwashed/radicalised. She may well have been taken advantage of, and being taken advantage of doesn't always have to relate to sexual abuse.

However, it doesn't mean she should get a free pass. If we are what we say, a progressive and civilised society, then we should judge her for her deeds but also consider rehabilitation.

It's a bit of a tricky situation. Lock her up and it could be seen as evidence that we aren't civilised (see my point above). Let her go and there's a risk that she could radicalise Futher or others, or fail to reintegrate into society and need a constant watch.

Priority is the security of the nation and safety of citizens...

Precisely. I'm not saying I agree with you, but the issue isn't as cut and dry as most seem to think it is. It's a deeply philosophical issue as well as a humanist one. I'm glad I'm not the not the one in charge of having to make any sort of a decision here. Doesn't matter which way it goes, there is no correct way to handle the situation.

Back
Top Bottom