What to do with undesirables

Associate
She is fully aware of what she is saying and know we can't stop her coming back.

All she has to do is get to a UK consulate and ask. they are duty bound to help her get back.

This i think is all a giant 2 fingers to all of the west basicly..

It is ISIS saying look you defeated us on the battlefield but under international law you can't stop our foreign fighters and wives children etc coming back to there home countries to prepare for the next fight.

After all we have let in how many so far 400 ++ isn't it... half a battalion of fighters already back here.

All because of weak government... we should have got together with the rest of the EU when this very first started and made an EU wide announcement that any people leaving to fight for isis or join them automatically lost there citizenship

But as usual they wimped out and we now have this situation.

She will be back here soon im sure of that...

Associate
What even is this.
International terrorists are welcome - it's the rogue indigenous population clinging on to the ideals of national sovereignty, law, and common sense that are the threat, always subverting the democratic process. These dissidents must be brought to heel. We can each do our part by heaping shame on these radicals until they are brought toward a more ideologically pleasing axis. The more recalcitrant elements that dare maintain disagreement with the prevailing opinion and goodwill of the people should be eagerly met with the full force of the law.

I do my best to be goodthinkful :p

She's in the media now and so she'll be back in the UK shortly. Any sane country wouldn't be publicizing her 'plight' as a sane public wouldn't be remotely interested. She's a refugee of ISIS and should be thankful she still has her life. The privilege of drawing breath and wandering the Syrian desert as an exile is her entitlement and should be seen as merciful.

Caporegime
Brilliant.

giphy.gif

Caporegime
You said these things my dude. Post #118 (which I already quoted) and Post #122 which is only a few above this one. Your sig is your sig, and is not up for debate, it's just there. I'm not making your quotes up but I am taking artistic licence with your lolname.

I'm not sure why I should 'use thread search'. C'mon, let's have it - I'm sure it's gold.

Soldato
Mob justice sound like the best option, 7th century style maybe?

Is this a reference as to how Mohamed's thugs swept across the civilized world 1400 years ago with the message "Join us, Be enslaved, or Die"

You know, just like ISIS today!

Nothing changes really!

Soldato
OP
You said these things my dude. Post #118 (which I already quoted) and Post #122 which is only a few above this one. Your sig is your sig, and is not up for debate, it's just there. I'm not making your quotes up but I am taking artistic licence with your lolname.

I'm not sure why I should 'use thread search'. C'mon, let's have it - I'm sure it's gold.
Oh my apologises I don't have signatures on.

Soldato

That is just a soup of buzzwords. what a mess!
what's wrong with what is said in the article?
i didn't go through it with a fine toothed comb but i did pick out this snippet, which seems quite plausible surely?
In Begum’s case, there is a chance that if she had greater support from the British Muslim community in this sense, she could have been warned about how her actions were not permissible in Islam and also illegal according to British law.

Associate
what's wrong with what is said in the article?
i didn't go through it with a fine toothed comb but i did pick out this snippet, which seems quite plausible surely?

For a start the Independent have chosen a headline that is deliberately incendiary "Britain's hyper scrutiny of Muslim women" despite the fact a lot of the article speaks of the Muslim community itself treating young girls badly.

The rest of the article then blames the UK (Muslim community et al) for why young girls would want to join IS, ignoring the obvious flaw in the argument that leaving the UK for IS is leaving one conservative culture for another hyper oppressive murderous one.

Associate
This morning a radio presenter stated that there are approx 360 others in Syria.

Well the newspapers love a story and try to make it run and run, Madeline being an example. My worry would be if she was allowed back into the country, incarcerated for a year or two - the conditions in Holloway Prison would feel like the London Hilton compared to some hovel in Syria, so she'd be on a winner, right?

If circumstances were different and ISIS was doing better, she'd probably still be actively supporting them in Syria and have no wish to return to UK.

Following release from prison, she would probably appear on the front of every woman's magazine, such as Hello alongside Prince Harry's second or subsequent child being paid thousands in the process. Someone would write her biography, probably be a bestseller. She'd probably appear on Newsnight, LBC, the 0810 hrs slot on The Today programme. A nice earner?

At the end of WW2 prisoners of war were NOT just released. Some where held in USA, Kenya, UK etc. We didn't just ship them back in May 1945. The Soviet Union didn't release some of Von Paulus' 6th Army until the 1960s and there weren't many of them left to frequent the Nuremberg Beer Halls.

So my question would be: Could we NOT just leave them there for President Assad to deal with? He'd probably have a better way or dealing with them than our country?

Soldato
ignoring the obvious flaw in the argument
why is it an obvious flaw in the argument? seems to me to be a perfectly legitimate argument, if the girl had had better support, especially from within her own community then she would have been less likely to have upped sticks and moved in to a penthouse apartment in the Caliphate
leaving the UK for IS is leaving one conservative culture for another hyper oppressive murderous one.
and what reason do you think there would be for a 15 year old girl to do that?

Associate
why is it an obvious flaw in the argument? seems to me to be a perfectly legitimate argument, if the girl had had better support, especially from within her own community then she would have been less likely to have upped sticks and moved in to a penthouse apartment in the Caliphate

and what reason do you think there would be for a 15 year old girl to do that?

Go watch a few of the recruitment videos online and it's obvious. In exchange for birthing a new generation of fighters they get promised houses, sports cars and a place in the history books that ISIS claim they will write when they've eventually butchered Europe. She admits herself she was interested in the beheading videos.

They aren't promised a liberal lifestyle, opportunity for work or education or freedom of life choices. They are called upon to "do their duty under Allah"

I do call her argument a flaw. She's claiming girls are radicalised because they are oppressed over here. Oppresssed people don't swap one culture for another worse one unless they agree with the ideology and want to further it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom