Mountain Biking

Associate
Had a pretty annoying phone call last night. CR have cancelled my order and refunded me as they had actually already sold out... Obviously nowt that can be done about it, just a bit frustrating.

Long and short of it is that I'm back to needing a new HT MTB for £1000 or under. Suggestions welcome.
i found this website is pretty good. but watch out some of the deals are very very old stock. i think one of the Scott Genius is from 2011.
http://www.bikebargains.co.uk/bikes/mountain-bikes/?_sm_byp=iVVfv5q5Rl01W1HV

Also, have a search for Lapierre's MTB on ebay. they seem to flock their old stock/end of season bikes on ebay.

Soldato
Had a pretty annoying phone call last night. CR have cancelled my order and refunded me as they had actually already sold out... Obviously nowt that can be done about it, just a bit frustrating.

Long and short of it is that I'm back to needing a new HT MTB for £1000 or under. Suggestions welcome.

I’m really happy with my Trek Roscoe so far. I’ve seen them under £1k but RRP is £1.1k.

CRC customer service is horrendous so I’m not surprised there.

Soldato
Bit of advice please. The bottom bracket on my 2016 Scott Scale 735 has died and I need a new one, original was an Shimano BB-MT500-PA, what's good and likely to last a bit longer than this one that appears to have been made of cheese.

Soldato
Thought I'd always ride a HT but found a good deal on an older 2016 model I decided to go for it. Linked below:

Link

Big investment but I think it's a steal, even if it's slightly older. :D

you should be ashamed of yourself ripping off CRC like that, they will go out of business for sure now

seriously that is an amazing bike for the money, excellent choice, very good kit for only 2.4k

Soldato
Looking fo a bit of advice on a new hardtail, not much to spend so looking at £500-600, any recommendations? Currentyl looking at the Vitus Nucleus 275 VR or VRS 2019, not convinced the VRS is worth the extra £100 thought. Anything else I should be looking at?

Soldato
Soldato
No worries mate. No I didn't bid on it in the end, think it went for around £650 though. :)

My mates came down from Sheffield this weekend to go out riding. One of them brought his new-ish FS bike with him, he's been trying to get me to switch for ages. Rode it for around an hour and really enjoyed it, had just as much fun as I do on my HT and was able to push it harder. Therefore this morning I took the plunge and bought my first ever FS MTB, should hopefully be here by the end of the week. Thought I'd always ride a HT but found a good deal on an older 2016 model I decided to go for it. Linked below:

Link

Big investment but I think it's a steal, even if it's slightly older. :D
Once you've ridden a modern FS bike it's hard to go back to a hardtail :D

Back
Top Bottom