Motors YouTube Videos

Permabanned
Were you there when a couple of Radicals binned it into a BMW?

Lots of chatter about this in other places.
yes, I was in the pits at the time

BMW had lost power and moved to the side to let faster cars pass.

Radical was trying to pass the Viper, following very close.

Viper moved quickly to avoid slow BMW.

Radical driver thought Viper was moving out the way, so carried on... couldn't avoid BMW.

Another Radical got caught up in the mess too.

Soldato
What are the details then as that was also my first thought!

From the searching I did yesterday it seems that no driver details are actually known. A couple of the reports were trying to reach out to people who were there when it happened to help identify the driver but from what I can tell nothing has come of it yet.

This could suggest that it wasn't anyone known to the public as usually that information would come out quite quickly.

OcUK Staff
From the searching I did yesterday it seems that no driver details are actually known. A couple of the reports were trying to reach out to people who were there when it happened to help identify the driver but from what I can tell nothing has come of it yet.

This could suggest that it wasn't anyone known to the public as usually that information would come out quite quickly.

It was just a regular person who decided to use LC on cold tyres.
The Performante comes with semi-slicks as standard fitment, the car was not warmed up and thus tyres cold and LC in the Huracan requires traction systems off, certainly traction control and is done in Corsa mode which has an aggressive harsh shifting pattern.

As such the 1-2 shift unsettled the car due to its aggressiveness and cold tyres and that was the result, very unlucky but also rather silly to do LC on cold tyres, on a heavily populated road (parked cars), none straight road and none flat road, it looked rather bumpy and was curved, though the undulations and bumps are the bigger issue.

Soldato
It was just a regular person who decided to use LC on cold tyres.
The Performante comes with semi-slicks as standard fitment, the car was not warmed up and thus tyres cold and LC in the Huracan requires traction systems off, certainly traction control and is done in Corsa mode which has an aggressive harsh shifting pattern.

As such the 1-2 shift unsettled the car due to its aggressiveness and cold tyres and that was the result, very unlucky but also rather silly to do LC on cold tyres, on a heavily populated road (parked cars), none straight road and none flat road, it looked rather bumpy and was curved, though the undulations and bumps are the bigger issue.

Yeh I had read the piece about it being LC on cold tyres however I didn't know the details around how the TC and LC works so thanks for sharing that info :)

OcUK Staff
Yeh I had read the piece about it being LC on cold tyres however I didn't know the details around how the TC and LC works so thanks for sharing that info :)

I've driven the Huracans, in Corsa it has inertia shift a build up of energy to push the car, basically a very harsh shift and it can break traction, hence what happened, if you listen closely you can can the 1-2 shift and its at that point the car steps out.

The Ferrari is very similar, LC can only be used in race mode, except on the Ferrari race mode still has traction and stability plus the Ferrari system is a lot more effective but also far less intrusive so it just gets on with and of course I can set bumpy road to slacken of the dampers even in race mode, so LC is generally safer even though its RWD.

Back
Top Bottom