• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Man of Honour
New BIOS has just come out for my B350 board, so fairly hopeful:

Version 46022019/04/0410.15 MBytes

PRIME B350-PLUS BIOS 4602
Update AGESA 0072 for the upcoming processors.
ASUS strongly recommends that you update AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating BIOS.

I see black/grey pixels through my left eye, and RGB pixels through my right eye. :)
The thing with real life is that depth perception is that much more "realistic" than anything you see on a screen/monitor, which is primarily the problem with higher resolutions; there's an attempt to make everything you see appear to be in focus, and that's what makes it hard to concentrate.

Soldato
I see black/grey pixels through my left eye, and RGB pixels through my right eye. :)
The thing with real life is that depth perception is that much more "realistic" than anything you see on a screen/monitor, which is primarily the problem with higher resolutions; there's an attempt to make everything you see appear to be in focus, and that's what makes it hard to concentrate.

More evidence that we're not all the same :)

Soldato
Soldato
Stupid speculation idea:

The "chipset problems" related to Zen 2 compatibility with older boards (and the poopstorm that would come with breaking the "compatible with all AM4 sockets until Zen3 at the earliest" promise).
The issue has been solved with the "update drivers first, THEN flash bios" method suggested and AMD are now back on a slightly sooner reveal/launch cycle.

;)

Soldato
Asrock also teased an upcoming x570 board....again, this seems a tad early if they are planning on releasing in July...hmmmmm

My guess is Ryzen 3000's and boards will do a paper launch at Computex, that gives them a month to get the hype train up to full steam.

Back
Top Bottom