Samsung Galaxy Fold - First foldable screen smartphone from Samsung

Associate
Why aren’t you using an old Nokia then?

You’re talking rubbish just to be contraversial.

Why so touchy!! fella take a chill pill ,so i want to be "controversial" (spellchecker useful) do I . By the way it's called an opinion which I'm entitled to have as you also have . Oh, and where did I say I wanted to use an old Nokia ,I think you'll find that I referred to the old Nokia 3310 as an example not that I wanted said phone .

Soldato
Why so touchy!! fella take a chill pill ,so i want to be "controversial" (spellchecker useful) do I . By the way it's called an opinion which I'm entitled to have as you also have . Oh, and where did I say I wanted to use an old Nokia ,I think you'll find that I referred to the old Nokia 3310 as an example not that I wanted said phone .

What a bizarre attitude. I was simply asking why aren't you using a Nokia then if you think they function better as a phone.

You clearly DO want the added functionality that a smart phone brings to the table, so knocking a folding phone for it's ability to make a phone call (which you don't even know about yet) seems quite unjustified.

Why so touchy!! fella take a chill pill ,

Not sure why you are using multiple exclamation marks and spaces before commas (Understanding of grammar is useful).

Jeez.

I wonder where you draw the line at "another gadget too far". What phone do you use then?

Soldato
It does look better than I expected to be fair but I can't see myself buying one until tech has moved on a bit more. I think I prefer Huawei's design and others with double hinge like Xiaomi can probably offer even more screen estate.

Still not a 100% on whether this is something that will take off massively in phones or might be better suited for the tablet market.

It does feel like a missed opportunity not to include a built in stylus with these like on the Note series, large screens can turn these into great productivity devices. These are all quite chunky at the moment so probably not that much space left to stick one in.

Associate
After watching that video I'm definitely not interested. The main reason is the visible crease right in the middle of the screen that will only get worse over time with repeated folding and is the main point of focus in both full screen orientation modes.

It lacks the folding screen gimmick, but a Nintendo DS style 2 screens flip phone is arguably a much better option all round. You could have a movie in the top half and be working on emails in the bottom screen - each with their own touch sensors so you wouldn't risk with interfering with either. Trying to do that on the folding screen would be fiddly and annoying.

It also doesn't even really fully fold, you could get pocket lint or even keys stuck in that gap scratching up the screen, add a screen protector and it likely will fold even less. Add a case as well and you've got a large wedge, more triangular than flat.

A highly durable Nintendo DS style dual screen phone that folds completely flat would be much better and something I'd consider buying.

Caporegime
It's on the film that you peel from the screen before you use the phone.

To be fair it looks like a double application almost, why removing a piece of film would bork the phone is beyond me, though there's other issues that have occured as well. And the guy i quoted says his review unit never had that text on it, and a few other reviewers have said the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom