** Official Days Gone Thread **

Associate
I bought it because I thought the reviews might be wrong its every bit as bad as the reviewers say very average and boring as well all the people defending the game are Sony fanboys.

Associate
I bought it because I thought the reviews might be wrong its every bit as bad as the reviewers say very average and boring as well all the people defending the game are Sony fanboys.

I game on xbox and PC mainly but I love this game so the sony fan boy comment does not apply to me. Not everyone will like it, same as everything.

Last edited:
Soldato
From the videos, the game doesn't seem bad. I could have fun with it I think so I may pick it up at somw point after a breather from open world games.

First I have to finish my third run of Sekiro and complete RDR2, I don't think Days Gone can top those two but it looks interesting enough to give it a chance.

Associate
Was just driving around the outskirts and found another horde cave, I could hear them all inside. God damn deer comes out of nowhere runs in and runs out, bringing god knows how many freakers right towards me. I just managed to get to my bike and get away, so intense. I do hope they got that deer.

Soldato
Watched plenty of reviews for this it looks okay I do think I'll buy it but be when it's in a sale, the bugs and it's repetitiveness seem a common theme from users and critics

Soldato
Watched plenty of reviews for this it looks okay I do think I'll buy it but be when it's in a sale, the bugs and it's repetitiveness seem a common theme from users and critics
I actually don't think it is that repetitive, sure the nests are, but the rest, I don't think so because the story is strong and carries it nicely. Clearly when the main story is done then it'll be rinse and repeat to get all the trophies but isn't every game.

All the low reviews they imo clearly haven't played it through, it did start a bit meh and I thought it was going to be rubbish but it just gets better and better the more you play it, absolutely love this game it's brilliant.

Soldato
Was just driving around the outskirts and found another horde cave, I could hear them all inside. God damn deer comes out of nowhere runs in and runs out, bringing god knows how many freakers right towards me. I just managed to get to my bike and get away, so intense. I do hope they got that deer.
And it's little things like this that make the game so good. I had something similar, staking out a camp and taking the lookouts down quietly, a damn wolf came running past and must have tripped a tripwire and alerted them, they shot in my direction which alerted a swarm, the swarm attacked and that was the end of everyone, just brilliant :p

Soldato
Played this a bit now, is OK IMO, don't think it was worth the extra wait though, the gunplay seems a bit clunky for me, and the bike mechanics seem spongy and as if you're riding in slow mo. The pre-release videos make it looks good, probably is good when you've got 500 rounds of assault riffle ammo available to you, not so much at the start. Audio bugs and load times are a bit of a pisstake aswell.

Associate
And it's little things like this that make the game so good. I had something similar, staking out a camp and taking the lookouts down quietly, a damn wolf came running past and must have tripped a tripwire and alerted them, they shot in my direction which alerted a swarm, the swarm attacked and that was the end of everyone, just brilliant :p

Ha ha awesome, I had a bear do that once, he turned up at a camp. He wiped out the whole camp while I hid in a building. But yeah you are right it is the little things. Those wolves can be a pain sometimes but in a good way gameplay wise.

I am really impressed with the graphics though. The storms, rain and snow are very well done.

Associate
I actually don't think it is that repetitive, sure the nests are, but the rest, I don't think so because the story is strong and carries it nicely. Clearly when the main story is done then it'll be rinse and repeat to get all the trophies but isn't every game.

All the low reviews they imo clearly haven't played it through, it did start a bit meh and I thought it was going to be rubbish but it just gets better and better the more you play it, absolutely love this game it's brilliant.

The thing with the nests they are actually really quick if you want them to be. I mean you don't have to kill all the freakers. Sometimes I just throw a molotov and drive away if I pass one on route to a mission, you only have to burn the nest.

Soldato
The thing with the nests they are actually really quick if you want them to be. I mean you don't have to kill all the freakers. Sometimes I just throw a molotov and drive away if I pass one on route to a mission, you only have to burn the nest.
Yes it's what I do, throw and run, no point hanging around!

Soldato
Put, maybe, 4-5 hours into it now - got the first batch of bike upgrades done, but only a couple of areas on the map covered.

It hasn't blown me away if I'm honest - and I love post-apocalyptic games/films, so it is right up my alley. It's hard to put a finger on it really - it feels [to me] to be a slightly more polished State of Decay from the Xbox; though the bike adds a slightly different dimension to things.

Graphically, it looks alright to me - some textures have really impressed me - the dirt floor of a north west settlement for example, whereas there are plenty of signs and posters knocking around, that aren't even legible, due to impossibly low textures. I'm still pratting around with TV settings for HDR, so can't comment on how that looks.

Some things that have annoyed me though:

The game frequently changes your weapon - so if you're trying to be sneaky with the crossbow, then decide to throw a rock - the game will happily equip a bloody gun after the rock is thrown; forcing you to have to pick the crossbow again! This has caught me out a few times now, and you really have to pay attention to that bug/feature, or you'll end up blowing your stealthy approach.

The AI is pants, utter pants - and they fall foul of one of my pet peeves too - they are psychic!!! You can be in the dark, hiding in a bush, and take out one of their buddies - only to get near pin-point shots raining down on you from their mates. The 'freakers' aren't as bad - but interactions between them and enemies can often be comical - using rocks to draw them in, they can almost be standing next to an armed guard before either notices each other :D

It's just not as polished as you'd expect from a Sony flagship title to me, which is quite a shame - I can see me persisting, but it's likely to be a game that I play in dribs and drabs; as it'll bet repetitive and dull pretty fast.

Soldato
I picked this up and it started ok but now I’m 2-3 hours in tbh I wish I hadn’t bothered. It’s a rough game with lots of annoying niggles. It’s also pretty boring with awful gun play. Every human enemy is pretty much a machine gun sniper. I’m hoping it gets a bit better so will give it more time but so far it’s a bit meh tbh.

Associate
Has anyone found any good/cheap deals for Days Gone yet? I am tempted to ignore the mediocre reviews as its my type of game but then saw the price of 64.99 in the PS Store lol
Best bet is local places like gumtree or whatever if you don't mind the physical copy. Plenty will be parting with this game as they finish it around now.

Back
Top Bottom