What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the whole fronting loophole was closed years ago. Whenever I checked insurance on anything with my dad as a main driver and me as the second driver, it was always more expensive or virtually the same as putting me as the main driver.

Caporegime
I'm pretty sure the whole fronting loophole was closed years ago. Whenever I checked insurance on anything with my dad as a main driver and me as the second driver, it was always more expensive or virtually the same as putting me as the main driver.

I can confirm that the weighting of primary vs. secondary drivers has changed in the past few years so that this becomes a less appealing tactic, but the overall premium is still weighted more by the calculated risk of the primary driver than it is of any secondary drivers. :)

Man of Honour
Finally got round to swapping out the roof motor housing cover to keep the gears in place.

rps20190511_165440_182.jpg
rps20190511_165157_573.jpg

Soldato
2RrKHXky.jpg

omega saw daylight for the first time this year,
also fired up for the first time in nearly 3 ;)

welding complete and almost ready for an mot :D:D:D

HY5fCQht.jpg

a passat with a ridiculous map on it has now became my daily 200 bhp 300k miles ex taxi rough and battered but worth bugger all goes like stink and
everything still works including the heated seats

was also stupid enough to leave the Omega in the hands of a hooligan :D:D

59809231_2291153784539519_2524930463508725760_o.jpg

and an on and gone moment :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Busy day for me, put the freshly painted rocker cover back on and reconnected everything (theres a lot!), new rear discs and pads, wire brushed and painted a few of the suspension bits as there looking quite mankey, it aint gonna win any shows but If they last another few years i'll be happy and then attempted to clean 10 year build up of grime on the inside of the alloys. next on the list, source and fit new coilovers, drop the fuel tank to paint and then the fun job of getting the gearbox out to be refurbed. that's not something im looking forward to!... (I may well just pay someone to do that!)

Finally got round to swapping out the roof motor housing cover to keep the gears in place.

Those pictures really look like those panoramic shots gone wrong, the seat backs look to have been cut off!

Associate
Went to look at its replacement. Didn't learn my lesson from my first ten year old BMW so my E46 330D is going and I'll be picking up a ten year old E90 330D LCI next Sunday. Love the E46, but I'm spending more time than I'd like fixing things on it so I'll start all over again with an E90 with half the mileage, I'm sure. Happy to deal with most things other than the rust that is creeping in on the rear arches and a couple of other places underneath on the E46. Will still be gutted to see her go, but I decided a few months ago it was time to move on after five years and 70k miles. Main details of the new one;

CIC iDrive with USB, BMW Online, BMW Assist, Voice Control and naturally Bluetooth.
Leather seats (fronts electric)
Front PDC as well as the standard rear PDC
Xenon lights (adaptive with high-beam assist)
FBMWSH, new tyres front and rear.

Doesn't have the Hi-Fi sound system I was after, but I might see about adding the tweeters to the a-pillars later on if I feel it needs it. The DPF, timing chain, ABS module and a couple of other things will probably put a stop to that ;)

Back
Top Bottom