Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm buying a di vessel and resin today. Found all the bits I need for £190 which is pretty good I think.

How are you guys doing the final rinse with the pure water? watering can, pump sprayer or have you got some kind of pump to take it out a tank to the jet wash?

Soldato
I've given up on all those fancy shampoos, cost far too much and even when they say they're concentrated they lie.

Car-Chem Super Suds Shampoo is all i use now. Got 5L and it will probably last me my lifetime. You even get to choose what it smells of.

nothing fancy about that, simple 550ml bottle for £5

doesn't try to wax, "power clean" etc just a basic shampoo that does the job well and lasts ages with that 550ml.

Soldato
nothing fancy about that, simple 550ml bottle for £5

doesn't try to wax, "power clean" etc just a basic shampoo that does the job well and lasts ages with that 550ml.
Fair enough. Better value than most.
Still 4 times the price of the car chem stuff. I used to love the Dodo Juice Born to be mild until i realised what it cost per wash.

Soldato
Just collected my car from having gtechniq ceramic put on. Can't help but feel I've wasted £500.

There's little bits here and there, the detailer walked around rubbing them out with some fine polish, maybe caused by the c2 finishing layer.....but I kinda expected a bit more for my money.

I already have a line of water spots caused from (I assume) the rear wheel when I was driving home. It feels silky smooth to the touch, so who knows. Can't remember seeing it when I collected it. Unsure how best to remove it?

He did send me a link where I can buy some stuff from which he says is ceramic friendly:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/carp...uY03NIm2gpwNe9yJdYGNy5vOTREdrN7eWQORmg#183=13

Thing is, I thought detailers were absolute perfectionists and got your paint night on perfect? He's had three full days on it, and I can see bits within the first 5 minutes.

am I expecting too much?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just collected my car from having gtechniq ceramic put on. Can't help but feel I've wasted £500.

There's little bits here and there, the detailer walked around rubbing them out with some fine polish, maybe caused by the c2 finishing layer.....but I kinda expected a bit more for my money.

I already have a line of water spots caused from (I assume) the rear wheel when I was driving home. It feels silky smooth to the touch, so who knows. Can't remember seeing it when I collected it. Unsure how best to remove it?

He did send me a link where I can buy some stuff from which he says is ceramic friendly:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/carp...uY03NIm2gpwNe9yJdYGNy5vOTREdrN7eWQORmg#183=13

Thing is, I thought detailers were absolute perfectionists and got your paint night on perfect? He's had three full days on it, and I can see bits within the first 5 minutes.

am I expecting too much?

No, clearly not a great detailer. It's a new self employed fad, many think they can do it but few are actual perfectionist. Guys like carcleaningguru, white details etc are perfectionist. It's easy to impress people who don't pay attention to their paint but someone who is a bit ocd about their paint work.

Associate
Is £500 for a full machine correction and ceramic coating a bit cheap? I'm sure when looking at prices a full machine correction alone would be more than that.

Who did you use?

Soldato
I'm in the market for a Snow Foam Lance and some Snow Foam to go with it!

I've come up with the following...

- Autobrite Snow Foam Lance (Includes 500ML of Magifoam)
- Magifoam 5L "OR" Bilt Hamber Auto Foam

I'm sure everyone has a preference but just after some advice really, would the above be a solid choice or anything else worth considering?

Soldato
Is £500 for a full machine correction and ceramic coating a bit cheap? I'm sure when looking at prices a full machine correction alone would be more than that.

Who did you use?

It's a new car so only needed a prep and perhaps minor work. I'd rather not name and shame as he's an old friend. He's got a proper premises and done no end of Ferraris, Porsches, Audi r8s etc etc

Just wasn't sure if I was being a bit unrealistic in what to expect.

Don
I'm in the market for a Snow Foam Lance and some Snow Foam to go with it!

I've come up with the following...

- Autobrite Snow Foam Lance (Includes 500ML of Magifoam)
- Magifoam 5L "OR" Bilt Hamber Auto Foam

I'm sure everyone has a preference but just after some advice really, would the above be a solid choice or anything else worth considering?

Generic eBay lance and 5l of both magifoam and bilt hamber :)

Associate
Well, in your shoes I wouldn't be too pleased either.

Maybe mention it to him now if you didn't at the time? You've noticed a few marks since having the car back and is that normal after the work you paid for? See what he comes back with.

Soldato
Well, in your shoes I wouldn't be too pleased either.

Maybe mention it to him now if you didn't at the time? You've noticed a few marks since having the car back and is that normal after the work you paid for? See what he comes back with.

Yeah will do. I'll have a good look at it tomorrow and let him know.

Soldato
It's a new car so only needed a prep and perhaps minor work. I'd rather not name and shame as he's an old friend. He's got a proper premises and done no end of Ferraris, Porsches, Audi r8s etc etc

Just wasn't sure if I was being a bit unrealistic in what to expect.

What do you mean by that you can see bits that aren't perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom