PlayStation Classic

Man of Honour
OP
Wow down to £25 at Tesco. I know its been a bit of a flop but to drop by almost 75% since only launching a month ago is nuts. I hope they get it right if they do a PS2/3 version.

Associate
I am starting to be tempted. I do not have any nostalgic affinity to the Playstation. At the time (1995?) I was stubbornly refusing to believe a console was better than my 386!

All my attention was on the mythical Pentium! I had to wait two more years before I could afford one.

I know the moment I purchase a Classic at £50 it will get reduced to £25.00! :o

Soldato
Bought one for 42.50 with Argos and eBays 15% off.

It's actually not as bad as everyone makes out in its standard form!

Looking forward to modding it tho, sometime in the new year perhaps.
Finally some that agrees with me.

It's been the power of YouTube and social media, people listening to the moaners and staying away .

Man of Honour
OP
I watched 3-4 reviews on it so can only go by that and the general consensus being it was just about fine for "joe public", but had some flaws in it which was disappointing for something branded as an official Sony product. Seeing as the reviewers got them for free then you'd always expect them to be a bit positive leniant if anything.

Caporegime
Wow down to £25 at Tesco. I know its been a bit of a flop but to drop by almost 75% since only launching a month ago is nuts. I hope they get it right if they do a PS2/3 version.

To be fair, at that price, it is worth a punt even you you end up bricking the thing through tinkering with it. could still serve as a useful case + controller for a raspberry pie.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah definitely. It sounds like it was either just one Tesco store doing it for that or maybe just for the day or something but wouldn't be surprised if it did go down to that again.

Caporegime
In fact looking at the second hand prices of PS1 games, it is probably worthwhile in part to (legally) own those regardless.

Man of Honour
These are now £30 in Argos, I've got one reserved. Who owns one? Are they worth it with the hacks to add other games etc?

Very easy to hack. Reasonably easy to get extra storage onto as well (generally requires a small hardware mod to reduce the current limit on the usb ports).
NTSC works better than PAL too.

Associate
I picked one up, couldnt resist at £30, i will probably hack it at some point but so far ive just changed to NTSC, its not perfect but its no where near as bad as its been made out to be. For £30 you cant go wrong

Back
Top Bottom