PlayStation Classic

Man of Honour
Introducing PlayStation Classic, with 20 Pre-Loaded Games
Featuring Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Wild Arms and 17 other legendary titles, the new mini-console launches December 3 at an MSRP of $99.99 (CAD$129.99).

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/18/introducing-playstation-classic-with-20-pre-loaded-games/

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-classic/

Only a few games listed so far but if other decent ones are announced and it’s around £100 then I might be tempted.

Last edited:
Soldato
This would be tempting for me as it was the first console I owned. But I can play PS1 games on my PS2 and PS3 (over HDMI). No idea about the Ps4. There are hundreds of games that are cheap as well as some crazyvexpensive ones too. I'll probably stick with just using my PS3.

Man of Honour
Preordered 2. One for my collection and one as a birthday present for a mate.

I never really was a playstation person. At that point I was still firmly Amiga and PC. When I did eventually get one i was unimpressed. Plus the controllers were dreadful. Massive amounts of cramp. I expect these to be the same.

Soldato
I don't think there'll be much scope for scalpers this time round thankfully. The whole retro mini thing is starting to get kind of played out. Folk who can't get a Playstation Mini can always buy a SNES/NES mini as an alternative present.

Plus given they're charging £90 each I don't see Sony limiting stock/production seeing as that's sure to be a pretty decent profit margin for them. Especially given it's just a retro pi, 2 wired non-analogue/rumble controllers and a bunch of ancient games most of which they already own the rights to!

We must be mugs. I have one on pre-order :D Whether I keep my pre-order depends on the games available with it though. Castlevania: Symphony of the night and WipeOut 3 better be on there!

Soldato
its a shame its only going to have 20 games with no option to add more. With only 20 games it means there will be a few essentials missing. Bu then the line has to be drawn somewhere I suppose.

Also, no analogue sticks so that rules out some of the later games that require it. This means no Ape Escape which is a shame as I loved that game :D

Man of Honour
OP
I think Ashens hit a good point when mentioning they would make a killing if they allowed it to connect up to some service they run which lets you buy extra games for a few quid each.

Back
Top Bottom