What TV shows are you currently watching

Caporegime
Finished Night Flyers - 5/10

It starts OK then quality/writing drops off a cliff somewhere near the 2/3 mark.

It has a lot of "We're going to create a threat and literally find a solution 2 minutes later" situations.

In the end it just fizzles out. Some of the big questions raised at the start are never answered - the show just seems to lose interest/forget about them.

The priorities and goals of the various central characters seem to change on an episode by episode basis.

The characters react extremely inappropriately to many situations. This is explained by either a) the big space alien or b) crap writing, depending on your level of cynicism ;)

One episode stood out to me as being just plain awful. My person favourite nonsense moment was this little gem: "We ran out of food and had to devise a sustainable method for making more food. We decided to grow humans for food."

Like seriously, who came up with that genius idea? And what were they smoking? Hopefully the flaw in that plan is obvious, but just in case... what are you going to feed the humans you grow for food and why don't you just eat that instead? I can only imagine the intern wrote that episode, it was awful.

Soldato
I'm enjoying 'Line of Duty' but in season 4 they seem to have gotten a little lazy with the writing.

The initial fight, that caused her to fall backwards seemed rather contrived. As was Him trying to call the husband for so long when he's right outside, just so they couldn't get through to him to warn him. This is as far as I've got, so no spoilers past that please :)

Soldato
Currently watching S4 of The 100. It's a great show (once you're past the first few eps of S1), but I'm not into this season as much as S2 and S3 so far.
Finished S4 and S5. The quality was consistent with S2 and S3, IMO, but the story wasn't to my tastes as much (S2 and S3 were, to be fair, bang on the money with what I like in post apocalyptic sci-fi). Still enjoyed it, and look forward to S6 hitting Prime.

Also watched Bonding on Netflix. Interesting episode length (about 18 minutes each) and only 7 episodes. Was actually pretty good.

And started Mad Men. Not sure why, just thought I'd give it a spin. It's alright though, after 2 episodes. I'm not going to watch all 7 season in one go, don't like to do that with anything really, but looking forward to working through it a bit.

Associate
Trying again with black sails thought the first 2 series was average at best, but halfway through series 3 and it's finally clicked for me, enjoying it now.
My brilliant friend on sky Italian with subtitles, pretty good 3 episodes in
Bosch latest series class as ever.
Heard good things of a comedy on sky called Barry, that's next up.

Soldato
Heard good things of a comedy on sky called Barry, that's next up.
I like Barry, it's pretty great. I've just started the 2nd season, after waiting for it all to drop (last episode arrives Wednesday, I think)

[ Edit: watched S2 E5 last night, and its is a real standout episode. Very, very funny ]

Didn't expect to like this, thought it was more a womans thing, but found it enjoyable.

Not sure about one of the best shows ever though :p
Along with Atlanta, it's the best comedy series I've seen since The Office. Although I'm always looking for recommendations, if there's any I should check out :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I like Barry, it's pretty great. I've just started the 2nd season, after waiting for it all to drop (last episode arrives Wednesday, I think)

Along with Atlanta, it's the best comedy series I've seen since The Office. Although I'm always looking for recommendations, if there's any I should check out :)

I guess i don't really do comedy series. Fargo if that counts :p

Soldato
Years & Years on BBC iPlayer (BBC1 or BBC2 I think) - very good, well acted and covers all sorts out in a dark and sometimes comedic way. Very apt for the near future in today's climate of Brexit, Trump, Asia.

Soldato
I don't really like Ricky Gervais but I started watching After Life on Netflix last week and I think it's really good. Definitely hit me in the feels. As with all these types of shows, YMMV.

Watched Body Guard on Netflix. It was good without ever hitting great. I thought the first episode was fantastic, but, went down hill a little after that. Still watchable though. There are a couple of Interesting Twists.

Lastly, just started Line of Duty. Only 4 episodes in and I am hooked. It's one of those Tv shows where you say to yourself I will just watch 5 minutes more to see what happens and then you end up watching 2 full episodes :)

Back
Top Bottom