What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Killing Eve - I am hooked! The star of the show is Jodie Cormer though, it's much better when she is on screen than not.

Couldn't agree more! While I don't get exited for weekly episodes, I do enjoy watching it with the wife. Not a big fan of Sandra Oh though, her overly dramatic acting is a lot to handle.

Caporegime
Couldn't agree more! While I don't get exited for weekly episodes, I do enjoy watching it with the wife. Not a big fan of Sandra Oh though, her overly dramatic acting is a lot to handle.

I find the show is much more interesting when Jodie Comer is on screen, her portrayal of the character is quirky and unpredictable but also believable in a weird way. I also like how she isn’t superhuman like John Wick too.

Associate
I find the show is much more interesting when Jodie Comer is on screen, her portrayal of the character is quirky and unpredictable but also believable in a weird way. I also like how she isn’t superhuman like John Wick too.

I think she actually won an award of some sort for her role as Villanelle.

Soldato
Just finished the second series of The Tick it is pure nonsense but it works. Read that there won't be a third, at least from Amazon anyway, and I am saddened.

I thought Peter Serafinowicz nailed it.

Soldato
Lucifer - 7/10 - Just binge watched all 4 seasons and really like all the characters, the ways they all interact, the basic "Devil" storyline etc and thought the only weak point, which probably stands out more when binge watched, is the "Police work" procedural stories which are very formulaic, especially more so in Season 3.

What I really liked is the realistic, adult (for TV anyway) way that the characters talk about sex & drugs etc or swearing which makes them all feel more "real" than the usual TV shows do, even if the show is about the Devil and Angels etc :D

As the series was cancelled after Season 3, and only picked up by Netflix for a short Season 4, they've ended the run with a great ending which has the potential to be both an end yet also allow for a Season 5 should Netflix decide to.

Soldato
Archer S10 has just started. Also got lined up:

Good Omens
Z Nation (from the start!)
Black Summer
S2 Discovery

Recently finished:

After Life
Lifes Too Short
Derek
Bojack Horseman

Soldato
I started Black Monday last night, ended up watching half the season in one sitting. Don Cheadle is brilliant and it’s quite a funny (maybe exaggerated?) take on the extravagance of 1980s Wall Street traders. 35 min episodes on Amazon Prime, worth watching.

Also catching up with Billions season 3 but it feels a bit slower than previous season, maybe the stakes just aren’t as high and the characters are less intense, seems more focus on the peripheral characters.

And just finished Modern Family season 8, still fantastic comedy.

Back
Top Bottom